Company: Atkore International
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016. Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue. Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,400 employees.
AFC Cable Systems, a part of Atkore International, currently has an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor for our New Bedford, MA location. New Bedford is located approximately one hour south of Boston.
* This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
* Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Training maintenance mechanics to perform job duties
* Assigning and directing work flow
* Appraising performance
* Rewarding and discipline employees
* Addressing and resolving problems
* Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements
* Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts
* Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations
* Maintaining quality goals
* Achieving production scheduling goals
* 5 S and Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement
* Daily supervision of a unionized workforce
* Training new employees
* Communication with all levels of the organization
* Control of maintenance cost
* Lead by example and live the Atkore Values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Excellence
* Manage vacation schedules
* Minimize overtime
* High School diploma or equivalent required. College or Technical Degree Preferred
* 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment, 3 years Supervisory experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to solve problems
* Must have knowledge of OSHA mandated regulations
* Lean Manufacturing experience
* Experience supervising a unionized workforce is a plus
* Wire and Cable experience is desirable especially in extrusion and cabling.
* Electrical/Mechanical troubleshooting skills of industrial equipment is also beneficial
* Ability to lead teams
* Must be able to work OT on short notice
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
* All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability
Atkore's mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery, and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and process. We are able execute on our mission through our core values. All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence (ATIRE). Senior leaders are also expected to drive innovation by delivering value to our customers through a culture built from a mindset, skill set, and tool set that drives breakthrough results. Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts. Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees. Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Atkore International, New Bedford , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!