Biomedical Technician II
Company: Southcoast Health
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Work for One of the World's Best Hospitals!For Three Consecutive
Years, Newsweek named Southcoast Health among the World's Best
Hospitals (Charlton Memorial, St. Luke's, and Tobey). In addition,
since 2018, Southcoast Health has been voted by readers as South
Coast Media Group's Best Place to Work. Why? Because we have some
of the most talented people in the world!We are searching for a
Biomedical Technician II to perform diversified duties such as
evaluating equipment malfunctions, technical service repairs,
preventive maintenance, testing, installation, inspection and
maintaining records of service activities both within and in
support of the Clinical Engineering Department at all three (3)
hospital sites and all offsite locations serviced by the
department. Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may
be required, as directed by the Manager and/or Designee.
Responsible for own work
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Shift: Day Shift with weekend, holiday, and call rotation;
- Location: St. Luke's Hospital - New Bedford, MA
- Travel: Driving on average 3 or more times per week
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelors Degree in Biomedical, Electronics or other related
fields or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
- Experience with computer systems required; including web based
applications and Microsoft Office applications.
- Over three (3) years up to of related experience is
- A combination of the completion of a two-year degree plus
additional related experience will be considered in lieu of
Bachelor's degree and the minimum required experience.
Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and the COVID
19 virus and provide required vaccination documentation unless
approved for an exemption or deferral by Southcoast prior to
starting employment.Southcoast Health is a community healthcare
system with multiple access points, offering an integrated
continuum of health services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts
and Rhode Island. By uniting a single purpose and building an
integrated system of services and resources, we have become one of
the largest and fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts.
Together We Are More.
- With more than 7,500 employees, Southcoast Health is the
largest employer in Southeastern Mass., and the 18th largest
employer in the Commonwealth, according to the Boston Business
- We strive for a culture of health and well-being that
recognizes, respects, and celebrates the rich diversity of one
another and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life
balance and add value to our employees' lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 24 hours.**Available to regular status employees who are
scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours. Are you ready to make a
difference in your community? Join us to be More than
Medicine!Southcoast Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Southcoast Health, New Bedford , Biomedical Technician II, Professions , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!