Shipping & Receiving Associate - 8:30 am - 5 pm $5
Company: Ahead LLC
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job Description$500 Sign-on BonusFull Time, Mid Shift Hours of
8:30 am - 5 pmJob SummaryThe Shipper/Receiver is responsible for
ensuring all inbound Domestic, International, parcel and freight
shipments are received accurately according to company procedures.
Accurate, timely completion of the duties of the Shipper/Receiver
is an essential component in ensuring that companywide goals of
quality and on-time delivery are attained.Essential Duties and
- Receive in all parcel and freight packages (domestic and
international) from UPS, FedEx, DHL, United States Post Office, and
other carriers and freight shippers.
- Record shipments into receiving logs.
- Deliver packages and shipments to internal recipients (front
office, production, etc.).
- Receive in and unload import containers and airfreight
shipments at main facility, and occasionally at the secondary
- Communicate and coordinate delivery locations and delivery
times with vendors
- Pack product that comes from production.
- Ensure orders packed match production sheets and attach sheet
- Consolidate products to ensure savings on shipping costs.
- Ensure accuracy in packing of all items by color, piece count
- Strap, tape, label and move cartons to a designated area on
- Make up shipping boxes.
- Match orders to correct cartons with packing slip.
- Ensure product counts on cartons match the packing slip.
- Ensure "ship to" address on packing slip matches the address on
the shipping screen.
- Ensure all shipping routines on packing slips and halts are
- Ensure correct shipping label goes on correct carton.
- Ship and load cartons on UPS/FEDEX/USPS trucks.
- Load and unload packages.
- Palletize, wrap and strap products on skids.
- Assist floor supervisor on trouble shooting when needed.
- Keep shipping and packing area clean and organized.Education
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2 – 3 years experience in shipping/warehousing
- Valid Driver's License and own vehicle
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of UPS, FedEx and USPS shipping requirements.
- Knowledge of other relevant computer software and systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure in a high-volume,
- Must have own transportation.
- Ability to use the following tools and machinery.
- Tape gun
- Utility knife
- Pallet truck
- Hand truckBenefits and Perks
- Voluntary benefits include medical, dental and vision care
plans paid time off, Matching 401k retirement savings plans, and
- Great work environment, discounted catalog purchases, and
special membership pricing to select clubs. Powered by
Keywords: Ahead LLC, New Bedford , Shipping & Receiving Associate - 8:30 am - 5 pm $5, Professions , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!