Maintenance Technician - Night Shift
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Maintenance Technician - Night ShiftInsulet started in 2000 with
an idea and a mission to enable our customers to enjoy simplicity,
freedom and healthier lives through the use of our Omnipod -
product platform. In the last two decades we have improved the
lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by using innovative
technology that is wearable, waterproof, and lifestyle
accommodating.We are looking for highly motivated, performance
driven individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this
by hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed
customer expectations. Our continued success depends on it!Position
Overview:The Maintenance Technician will be a critical contributor
in a mission that truly represents an once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to join a company that is making significant
investments in establishing US manufacturing, expanding
internationally, and delivering a consistent cadence of product
innovations to the market and investing in its people. The
successful candidate will be responsible for bringing to life
assembly and process equipment for the startup of new Manufacturing
Operations in Acton, MA. The role will then transition to direct
engineering and maintenance of equipment in Acton, MA with
accountability to ensure a high level of machine uptime and minimal
production scrap on complex discrete component assembly equipment.
This individual will be responsible for the installation,
troubleshooting, maintenance, and improvement of process equipment.
They will also be trained and cross-trained to repair, maintain and
improve the reliability of various stations including: lasers,
optical gaging devices, continuity testing, inspection, etc.
Maintenance technicians must be quality-conscious, aggressively
self-directed, motivated team players, and willing trainers-eager
to gain and share new knowledge.Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems on
- Perform various equipment preventive maintenance tasks (i.e.,
cleaning, inspection, and lubrication) as necessary.
- Thoroughly document maintenance activity using the maintenance
database, adequately communicate maintenance issues to appropriate
employees (e.g., other maintenance techs, operators, engineers,
- Interface directly with manufacturing and corporate
representatives to help create and execute preventative maintenance
- Interface directly with manufacturing and corporate
representatives to help resolve complex quality, process, or safety
- Troubleshoot and identify potential decision or solutions for
mechanical errors, safety issues or general operating
inefficiencies with assembly production processes.
- Organize, report, and present technical work to various levels
within the organization.
- Create and train standard operating procedures for the setup
and maintenance of assembly equipment.
- Champion process improvement in assigned areas though rigorous
data analysis (MTBF, Corrective Maintenance, sources of waste,
etc.) and root cause analysis.
- Assist in day-to-day support of operators, adjustments, setups,
and change over
- Responsible to report safety, quality, and regulatory
compliance concerns to leadership.
- This is a hands-on role, requiring the candidate to take on
project work assigned as an individual contributor, or as a
participant on cross functional teams, as well as be able to
utilize tools to inspect, repair and maintain
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in working with, assembling, debugging and
optimizing automated assembly equipment. Application of in depth
technical knowledge in the areas of assembly processes and
techniques.Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of piece part tolerances, inspection processes and
impacts to fit and function of assemblies and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, and
strong presentation skills.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and
safety requirements directed by the department.
- Familiarity with specific manufacturing processes such as
mechanical swaging, ultrasonic welding, heat staking, laser
welding, fluid delivery, electronic controls, PCBA & functionality
testing, metal forming, plating, plastic molding and precise
- Technical knowledge of cam driven linkages, discrete component
assembly and automation
- Knowledge and experience with processes such as laser welding,
heat staking, and ultrasonic welding.
- Sound hands-on technical ability with assembly methodologies
including locational methods, setup at assembly, pneumatic
actuators, servo motors, limit switches, robotics, steels,
plastics, belting methods etc.
- Familiarity with HMI's / GUI's (Machine user interfaces) and
working in a clean room environment
- Knowledge and experience with post-implementation continuous
improvement efforts and methodology
- Experience in a start-up production environment Physical
Requirements (if applicable):
- Required to stand for at least 75% of working time per shift,
with walking at least 50% of working time per shift.
- Required to reach above shoulder frequently and below waist
- Required to push and pull.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs occasionally, 5-20lbs
- International travel to Canada may be required up to 50% of
time during the first 3-6 months of factory acceptance testing of
equipment at vendor's location#pla
Keywords: JCSI, New Bedford , Maintenance Technician - Night Shift, Professions , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!