Deck Hand Lead/ Master
Company: Lynker Technologies
Location: Woods Hole
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Lynker is looking to hire a temporary Deckhand Lead / Master. There
is one 10 day cruise in Feb/ March and then two other longer
cruises later in the year.
The task includes the following:
- Assist in deploying and retrieving sampling gear. Sampling gear
includes nets, trawls, grabs, dredges, probes, CTDs, or other
instruments used to accomplish scientific investigations.
- Perform maintenance on fishing trawls and other sampling gear,
particularly fishing net repair and mending, as required.
- Assist with meal preparation and routine housekeeping chores
including cleaning interior decks and head, and other
- Assist in the loading and unloading of ship's stores, supplies,
and scientific gear.
- Assist with docking exercises, line handling and tying various
- Assist and independently operate, maintain, and repair all
vessel systems as needed, including Caterpillar 3406 main engine
and associated propulsion gear, Isuzu Diesel generators, hydraulic
systems, and other vessel equipment.
- Assist in maintaining electrical and hydraulic systems, as
- Operate deck equipment including articulating crane, net reel,
trawl winch, and anchor windlass.
- Perform stand wheelhouse and anchor watches as requested by the
Officer in Charge (OIC).
- Perform wheel house watches to include use of wheel house
instruments and resources including charts, chart plotters, GPS,
fathometers and RADAR. Required to utilize these instruments to
safely navigate the vessel during transits to and from working
grounds. Watches are limited to no more than 4 hours and typically
average less than one hour.
- Shall abide by and enforce all statutory, safety, and
operational standards for ships and seamen.
- A positive and calm demeanor to include the ability to accept
frustrating and trying situations beyond his control and behave in
an amiable fashion with all embarked personnel.
- A USCG 100 Gross Ton Master's License and meet
training/experience requirements set by NOAA Small Boat Policy for
a Small Research Vessel (NAO217-103).
- A current Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED must exist and be
renewed as necessary.
- Possess any combination of experience and/or training in diesel
mechanics, electronics/wiring, plumbing, deck maintenance,
carpentry, metal working, net mending, and hydraulics.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small
business specializing in professional, scientific and technical
services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific
expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to
achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in
hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information
technology, resource management, conservation, and management and
business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be
effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our
streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented
professionals to tackle our customers' scientific and technical
priorities - creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive
salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of
exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound
science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and
veterans to apply.
Keywords: Lynker Technologies, New Bedford , Deck Hand Lead/ Master, Professions , Woods Hole, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!