Director of Environmental Services in New Bedford, MA at Hathaway Manor Extended Care Facility
Company: Berkshire Medical Center, Inc.
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director of Environmental Services in New Bedford, MA at
Hathaway Manor Extended Care Facility Hathaway Manor Extended Care
Facility has been part of the New Bedford community since 1989,
providing short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing
care on Cape Cod.
Many of our award-winning staff have been with Hathaway Manor for
decades, giving families confidence in our consistent,
compassionate, dedicated care. Job Description The Director of
Environmental Services supervises maintenance, housekeeping and
laundry employees to ensure compliance with facility standards and
applicable regulations. Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of the physical plant: mechanically,
structurally, and cleanliness/presentation - inside and out.
- Maintains laundry facilities and assures resident linen is
distributed based on resident needs.
- Understands and maintains the boilers, burners and pneumatic
temperature control systems.
- Assures the heat and hot water systems are maintained at the
- Communicates the need for and plans for new equipment.
Maintains all existing equipment.
- Understands and applies Federal, State and Local, safety,
sanitary and health codes for laundry, housekeeping, plumbing,
electrical and maintenance systems.
- Orders maintenance materials and equipment and housekeeping and
laundry supplies in accordance with budgets.--
- Secures the assistance of outside professionals, as needed, to
properly maintain the physical plant.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises all housekeeping,
laundry, and maintenance personnel.
- Develops and coordinates the scheduling of work hours,
personnel and work assignments in accordance with the budget.
- Organizes and implements a schedule for routine maintenance of
- Ensures appropriate communication systems within the
department, between shifts and between departments so all staff are
knowledgeable about the day to day strategies and overall goals.
- High School diploma or equivalent and driver's license
- 1-2 years previous supervisory experience in housekeeping
and/or laundry preferred.
- 3-5 years of general building maintenance required, including
knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, preventative and general
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing, as well as
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours, including
weekends, when necessary.--
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Working knowledge of Life Safety Codes for Long Term Care and
- Ability to manage people and budgets.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
patients/residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
Keywords: Berkshire Medical Center, Inc., New Bedford , Director of Environmental Services in New Bedford, MA at Hathaway Manor Extended Care Facility, Professions , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!