Inventory Control Coordinator
Company: Atkore International
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Atkore is forging a future where our employees, customers,
suppliers, shareholders and communities are building better
together - a future focused on serving the customer and powering
and protecting the world.
With approximately 3,900 employees and 65 manufacturing and
distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading provider of
electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.
AFC Cable Systems, a part of Atkore, currently has an opening for
an Inventory Control Coordinator at its facility located in New
Bedford, MA. Reporting directly to the Inventory Control Manager,
this highly visible supply chain role is responsible for monitoring
warehouse inventory, performing cycle counting duties and
transaction audits to ensure that all materials are properly
verified to be reflective of reported inventory.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Cycle count program by issuing daily counts to the floor,
processing and reporting results.
- Resolve customer and agent reported discrepancies quickly and
- Make appropriate system adjustments in the ERP.
- Perform assigned Inventory Control Key Performance Indicator
reporting, root cause analysis, and corrective action.
- Assist in Excess and Obsolete program.
- Processing all RMA transactions to include printing, logging
in, root cause analysis and resolution.
- Maintain Quality hold area and reconcile transactions within
- Distribute daily back order report when all counts
- Assist warehouse in locating material when needed.
- Process credit/debit orders.
- Make appropriate inventory adjustments when needed.
- Publish reports for KPI board
- Drive continuous improvement across the business capabilities
applying ABS and good economic decision making.
- Any other duties as required in support of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of the following
- Experience in inventory control processes.
- Analytical, detail oriented and organized.
Preferred skills include:
- Experience in JD Edwards a strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Suite, especially Excel and Word,
including development and application of tools in these
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical
- Superior written and oral communication in direct personal
communications as well as indirect electronic communication, and
team building skills to build strong interpersonal relationships at
all levels of the organization.
- Analytical, detail oriented and highly organized, with the
ability to manage multiple simultaneous activities.
- Knowledge of key inventory performance concepts, including
metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional matrixed
- Collaborative skills in resolving daily issues or decisions
with peers and other functional teams.
- Confident in working with all levels of management, from peers
to corporate leadership.
- Ability and confidence to work independently with minimal
- Understanding of the use of Lean principles, Six Sigma, and
Our Culture Drives ValueAtkore's culture is created from the
disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a
critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on
excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with
Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we
have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the
business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS
execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers
breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!Great
Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace
that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our
team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results,
stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports
decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live
the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link
behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with
our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve
customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value
of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to YouBy joining Atkore, you can expect to
receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with
company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement,
as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition,
Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources
to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our
customers and making our company better than it was the day
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital
or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Atkore International is a diverse
company that believes its employees are the foundation for
investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness
and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and
promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys
to growing our business and providing a work environment that
fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Atkore International, New Bedford , Inventory Control Coordinator, Professions , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!