Manufacturing Operator II - 2nd shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: March 13, 2019
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Operator II is responsible for providing assistance to maintenance, production, and distribution as needed. He/She will encounter recurring work situations with minimal complexity, and is expected to be a proactive member of the team. The candidate will work on assignments with guidance of senior members of the team during the current surge in demand POROS is experiencing.
What will you do?
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards and place proper emphasis on safety and quality
- Perform safety inspections of Safety Showers, Eye Wash Stations, and Fire Extinguishers
- Operate various process equipment including reactors, pressure filters, pumps, filling, labeling and packaging equipment according to written SOPs and UOPs in a large scale, chemical batch manufacturing process.
- Utilize local control systems (PLC and Delta V) in accordance with SOP and UOPs to carry out unit operations.
- Performs and trains new employees on equipment changeovers
- Performs and trains new employees on finished product discharges
- Performs and trains new employees on setting up raw materials for production runs
- Performs and trains new employees on Lock Out Tag Out protocols
- Performs and trains new employees on the R-Bead polymerization process
- Performs and trains new employees on the Elutriation process
- Performs and trains new employees on HS, XS, and HQ coating processes
- Performs and trains new employees on OH150, OH250, OH550 processes
- Perform quarterly hose cleanings
- Ability to perform a Confined Space Entry to clean equipment
- Close work orders, charge out materials, and charge time to SAP Work Orders
- Perform cycle counts
- Follows Good Documentation Practices Guidelines
- Maintain batch and equipment records per departments ISO13485 standards
- Perform required in process testing to include pH, moisture and size analysis.
- Basic understanding of chemistry (ie acids, bases, and organic compounds)
- Actively participates during Daily Stand Up meetings
- Work with team on 5S and continuous improvement activities within the work center
- Assist maintenance with basic activities and provide support during yearly plant shut down
- Perform light cleaning activities in the POROS suite, distribution, and laboratories as needed
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Performs other duties as assigned
How will you get here?
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience and knowledge of computer applications is required
- Excellent oral communications skills required
- Ability to exert up to 50 lbs of force occasionally to lift material as well as push full 55 gallon drums on wheeled dollies
- Ability to stand for 80% of the shift
- Ability to move -40 lbs up one flight of stairs
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including work uniform, steel toe shoes, hair net, safety glasses, bump cap, and latex gloves. PPE may also include face shield, respirator, and smock
- Able to commute to either the Bedford, MA or Framingham, MA facility based on business need
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interpret data, perform basic calculations, and troubleshooting skills
- Computer literate
- Some manufacturing experience, Chemical or Biotech preferred
- Ability to work weekends if needed
- Experience in cGMP environment desirable
- Experience with Delta V desirable
- Quality minded and detail oriented
- Effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Highly organized and excellent at multi-tasking
- Proactive, hard-working, and self-motivated
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, New Bedford , Manufacturing Operator II - 2nd shift, Other , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!