Company: Jounce Therapeutics
Posted on: September 21, 2018
Jounce Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical stage immunotherapy company dedicated to transforming the treatment of cancer by developing therapies that enable the immune system to attack tumors and provide longlasting benefits to patients. Through the use of its Translational Science Platform, Jounce first focuses on specific cell types within tumors to prioritize targets, and then identifies related biomarkers designed to match the right therapy to the right patient. Jounce's lead product candidate, JTX-2011, is a monoclonal antibody that binds to and activates ICOS and is currently in the Phase 2 portion of the Phase 1/2 ICONIC trial. For more information, please visit www.jouncetx.com.
We are seeking an experienced Computational Biologist/Bioinformatician to contribute to the Translational Genomics team at Jounce. This position will play a key role in developing and automating various pipelines and workflows for next generation sequencing, mid-density platform analysis (e.g. Nanostring, high-throughput qPCR), and other genomic data types. The ideal candidate will have established skills in R and Linux shell programming and a solid understanding of next generation sequencing data processing and analysis.
- Develop and automate robust pipelines for processing of next generation sequencing data (genome re-sequencing, targeted/WXS sequencing, and RNA sequencing) for QC, sequence, pathway and functional analysis.
- Implement methods for downstream analysis (e.g. differential expression) and visualization of data
- Use best practices for reproducible research and storage of data and data stewardship
- Learn about the needs of the genomics team and proactively suggest new ways to impact research and discovery projects
- A BSc or MS in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or a related field with 2+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Deep understanding of next generation sequencing (NGS) methods, quality scores and their interpretation
- Strong hands-on programming skills in R/Bioconductor, Linux, Bash shell scripting is required; experience with Python and/or SQL a plus.
- High-dimensional dataset management experience and proficiency with version control
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner.
- Highly organized and motivated individual, able to work well in a group setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in data visualization tools (R Shiny, Spotfire)
- Experience in machine learning, network modeling, or single cell sequencing analysis algorithms is a plus.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) instances and batch and queuing processes
Jounce Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in it's employment decisions on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, religion, creed, sex, or political beliefs. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the U.S.
Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Keywords: Jounce Therapeutics, New Bedford , Computational Biologist/Bioinformatician, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!