Company: Atkore International
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: June 6, 2018
Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
AFC Cable Systems, a part of Atkore International, currently has an opening for a high potential Manufacturing Supervisor for our New Bedford, MA location. This function would be initially a rotating shift to exposure employee to the 24 hour operation with great potential for advancement in the near future. New Bedford is located approximately one hour south of Boston.
This position will report to the Operations Manager.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manufacturing plant safety, (EH&S)
* Maintaining quality goals
* Achieving production scheduling goals
* 5 S and Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement
* Daily supervision of a unionized workforce
* Training new employees
* Communication with all levels of the organization
* Control of manufacturing costs
* Lead by example and live the Atkore Values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Excellence
* Manage vacation schedules
* Minimize overtime
* Bachelors Degree in a related field required
5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, 1 years Supervisory experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to solve problems
* Lean Manufacturing experience
* Experience supervising a unionized workforce is a plus
* Wire and Cable experience is desirable especially in extrusion and cabling.
* Electrical/Mechanical troubleshooting skills of industrial equipment is also beneficial
* Ability to lead teams
* Must be able to work OT on short notice
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
* All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability
Atkore s mission is to be the customer s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery, and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and process.
We are able execute on our mission through our core values. All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence (ATIRE). Senior leaders are also expected to drive innovation by delivering value to our customers through a culture built from a mindset, skill set, and tool set that drives breakthrough results.
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
* Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer (minorities/women/the disabled/protected veterans).
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters here.
Keywords: Atkore International, New Bedford, Manufacturing Supervisor, Other, New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!