Company: New Bedford Credit Union
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Provide basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with
credit union procedures. Provide services in a timely, accurate and
courteous manner to Credit Union members. Cross-sells additional
credit union products/services. Respond to members' requests,
problems and complaints, and/or directs them to the proper person
- Maintain Retail Services Representative drawer with adequate
cash supplies - and according to policy guidelines.
- Settle Retail Services Representative drawer daily.
- Answer the telephone.
- File new and/or closed signature cards.
- Verify validity of checks and cash received.
- Place appropriate holds on all checks in accordance with
applicable policies and regulations.
- Process money orders.
- Process cash advances.
- Promote good member relations by providing premium member
- Process mail payments.
- Assess members' individual credit union needs, and use NBCU
product knowledge to address those needs by way of cross-selling
credit union services.
- Adhere to all security procedures as well as other departmental
policies and procedures.
- Compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act
including accurate completion of CTR, Monetary Instrument log, and
reporting of suspicious activities to supervisor. QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years cash-handling experience is
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience is
- Prior experience working in banking or finance is preferred,
but not required.
- Prior Retail Services Representative experience is preferred,
but not required.
- Basic skills related to Microsoft Office applications.
- Mathematical aptitude. COMPETENCIES
- Positive, professional business relationships within the credit
- The ability to work independently and take-on additional
projects as assigned.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to achieving personal growth and
WORK ENVIRONMENTThis job operates in a professional office
environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to type, file or lift office supplies up to 20 pounds. The
employee is frequently required to sit, stand for an extended
period, walk, bend, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or
feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
NBCU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of age, race,
color, disability or handicap, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
religion or creed, ancestry or national origin, military or veteran
status, marital status, gender identity of expression, genetic
information, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any
other characteristic protected by law. It is the policy of NBCU to
provide reasonable accommodation for qualified employees with
disabilities. If you need accommodation to perform the essential
functions of your position, please contact Human Resources
Keywords: New Bedford Credit Union, New Bedford , Teller, Other , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!