Assistant Head Teller
Company: PCT Federal Credit Union
Location: West Wareham
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Lead the daily operations of the teller line and in conjunction
with the leadership team, maintain a positive team member
experience, assisting with team member development and motivation.
Advocate and maintain a positive member experience by greeting
members, assisting them with their banking needs and fostering
relationships to ensure the members needs are being met. Support
and monitor recommendations around efficiencies, initiatives, and
improvements in assigned branch. Safeguard the integrity of the
branch, ensuring all policies and procedures of the credit union
are followed and that the branch is operationally sound.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - *_*Listed below are some of the essential
functions to carry out this job.*_
* Lead the daily operations of the teller line and other branch
functions; direct, train and coach team members, performance
management, balance daily work, and manage the vault.
* Lead all audit and compliance functions, specifically behind the
teller line and assist with resolving member issues.
* Advocate for a positive and meaningful customer and team member
* Ensure exceptional service is provided to external customers as
well as internal customers
* Perform duties in the absence of the Team Lead and/or Branch
* Greet members to the credit union and recommend products and
services utilizing listening skills and open-ended questions to
identify member needs.
* Process teller transactions including, cashing checks, processing
deposits and withdrawals, loan and mortgage payments and safe
* Assist members with member service activities to ensure a
positive member experience:
* Open new accounts, including savings, checking, money markets and
* Process member IRA transactions; council members on IRA
contributions and distributions.
* Renew certificate accounts, transfer funds and disburse checks as
* Conduct loan interviews, process loan applications, loan closings
and fund disbursements.
* Have a high-level understanding of all electronic delivery
channels offered by the credit union:
* Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Debit Cards, Mobile Deposit,
* Oversee mentoring and training new team members in both teller
and member service positions to ensure a positive team member
* Support and assist other locations and departments as needed.
* Ensure confidentiality within all areas of responsibility.
* Act as an ambassador to the company and promote credit union
products; including deposit and loan products, online offerings and
* Adherence with credit union policies that could be amended from
time to time.
* Follow all procedures pertaining to the Credit Unions policies of
BSA, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC. Attend trainings when available and
to keep abreast of all information regarding changes and updates.
Report to Management any acts of disregard to these policies.
Successfully complete all company required and job specific
* Perform additional duties as required.
*Supervisory responsibilities - *_*Listed below are some of the
supervisory functions to carry out this job.*_
* Managerial and supervisory skills required to supervise a
managerial/professional staff of one or more people.
* Lead assigned team members; make routine employment decisions,
review performance; assign work, provide coaching and training,
advise team members as necessary; resolve team member issues.
* Maintain department staff attendance records utilizing online
*QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED SKILLS*
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* One plus years experience working in a financial institution to
include some teller and/or customer service experience.
* Previous experience leading a team a plus.
* Knowledge of banking products, processes, and banking
* Good relationship skills, ability to work with a variety of team
members and customers.
* Must be organized and detail oriented.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office.
* Bilingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese) a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* West Wareham, MA 02576: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Cash handling: 1 year (Required)
* Banking: 1 year (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: PCT Federal Credit Union, New Bedford , Assistant Head Teller, Other , West Wareham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!