Courier/ Materials Rep
Company: Southcoast Health
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Work for One of the World's Best Hospitals!For Three Consecutive
Years, Newsweek named Southcoast Health among the World's Best
Hospitals (Charlton Memorial, St. Luke's, and Tobey). In addition,
since 2018, Southcoast Health has been voted by readers as South
Coast Media Group's Best Place to Work. Why? Because we have some
of the most talented people in the world!We are searching for a
Senior Materials Representative to maintain proper par levels in
the Medical/Surgical areas. Receive and deliver supplies and
equipment used throughout the hospital. Verify shipments according
to established procedures. Receive all merchandise utilizing
appropriate procedures on computer. Provide follow up as necessary
in resolving receiving and/or accounts payables issues. Perform
scheduled inventory and reorder supplies to par levels utilizing
handheld terminal. Perform scheduled Courier service pickups and
deliveries and fulfill Stat Courier requests when needed following
the Courier Service Department's SOP.
- Hours: Per Diem
- Shift: Day shift with weekend and holiday rotation;
- Location: St. Luke's Hospital - New Bedford, MA
- Travel: Driving on average 3 or more times per week
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of medical supplies and medical terminology a
- Previous experience with warehouse distribution and receiving
- Good communication and telephone skills required.
- Good computer skills preferred.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and work in a fast paced
- Require a valid Vehicle Operators License and safe driving
record in order to perform Courier Service duties.
- Require obeying the rules of the road including driving with
caution and courtesy in the operation of hospital vehicles.
- Require use of Southcoast or on occasion own personal vehicle
in carrying out own position responsibilities.
- Comfortable using computers, email, phones, and hand held
Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and COVID 19
and provide required vaccination documentation, unless approved for
an exemption or deferral by Southcoast prior to starting
employment.Southcoast Health is a community healthcare system with
multiple access points, offering an integrated continuum of health
services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. By
uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of
services and resources, we have become one of the largest and
fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts. Together We Are
- With more than 7,500 employees, Southcoast Health is the
largest employer in Southeastern Mass., and the 18th largest
employer in the Commonwealth, according to the Boston Business
- We strive for a culture of health and well-being that
recognizes, respects, and celebrates the rich diversity of one
another and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life
balance and add value to our employees' lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 24 hours.**Available to regular status employees who are
scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours. Are you ready to make a
difference in your community? Join us to be More than
medicine!Southcoast Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Southcoast Health, New Bedford , Courier/ Materials Rep, Other , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!