Company: Southcoast Health
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Work for One of the World's Best Hospitals!In 2019, Newsweek named
Charlton Memorial, St. Luke's, and Tobey among the Best Hospitals
in the World. Why? Because we have some of the most talented people
in the world.
We are searching for a Communications Specialist to perform a
variety of functions to support and in support of Communications
Dept and the Southcoast Hospitals Group under the direction of the
Manager, Communications or designee. Duties include, but are not
limited to, operation of the communications console and paging
equipment, initiation of hospital alarms and emergency procedures,
scheduling of patients, and various other clerical and
- Hours: 20hrs (Part Time)
- Shift: Day/Evening Shift, 7am-3:30pm, 3pm-7pm, 12:30pm-9pm,
with weekend and holiday rotation
- Location: St. Luke's Hospital - New Bedford, MA
- Travel: Ability to work at CMH or SLH site if/when needed
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows required.
- Medical Terminology required.
- Specialized courses or training on console operation completed
within 6 months of hire is required.
- Excellent customer service, telephone skills, and verbal and
written communication skills are required.
- Previous experience working in the medical field is
- Multi-lingual preferred.
- One year related work experience is required.
- Proper verbal communications: professional, caring and kind
- Accurate message taking and accurate spelling.
- Relay messages accurately and according to specific
- Good typing skills from verbal communication.
- Ability to work well with others and/or alone.
- Ability to hear multiple alarm sounds.
*Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and the COVID
19 virus and provide required vaccination documentation unless
approved for an exemption or deferral by Southcoast prior to
starting employment. *Southcoast Health is a community based health
delivery system with multiple access points, offering an integrated
continuum of health services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts
and Rhode Island. For more than 100 years, we have provided
quality, patient-focused care in a state-of-the-art environment. By
uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of
services and resources, we have become one of the largest and
fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts.
Together We Are More.
- 311 years of hospitals' collective continuous 920 + square
miles of service across Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode
- 7,500 + employees: physicians, nurses, IT, Finance, HR, and
- Named to Newsweek's World's Best Hospitals 2019 and Best Place
to Work by the readers of SouthCoastToday
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life
balance and add value to our employees' lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 24 hours.
**Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 20 hours.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community? Join us as we
strive to be More than medicine.Southcoast Health is an Equal
Keywords: Southcoast Health, New Bedford , Communications Specialist, Other , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!