Telesitter Video Monitor Tech
Company: Southcoast Health
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Work for One of the World's Best Hospitals!FOUR YEARS IN A ROW,
Newsweek named Charlton Memorial, St. Luke's, and Tobey among the
Best Hospitals in the World! Join our Team and find out why!We are
searching for a Telesitter Video Monitor Technician to provide
continuous observation and monitoring of up to 16 high-risk
patients who have been determined to be at risk for potential
injury to self or others. Operate Tele Sitter Video Monitoring
system, perform safety rounding, and patient checks, maintain fleet
of video monitoring system including delivering, picking up, and
cleaning of equipment. Skilled use of appropriate tone, language,
ability to identify escalating behaviors, and utilize skilled
de-escalation techniques. Ability to prioritize simultaneous
situations. Communicate with hospital staff and respond quickly to
patient behavioral changes. Ability to communicate effectively
using a microphone and headset. Accurately document and provide
thorough shift hand off report. Knowledge and supportive of patient
and institutional confidentiality and related hospital policies.
Use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors,
and staff. Bilingual in both English and Portuguese preferred.
Provide functional or technical supervision of other employees in
the same or related classifications where supervisory
responsibility is limited to occasional direction, guidance,
- Hours: 24hrs
- Shift: Day shift with weekend and holiday 7:00am-3:30pm
- Location: St. Luke's Hospital - New Bedford, MA
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Equal to completion of four years of high school or
- Additional secondary healthcare training including mental
health experience is preferred.
- Training or the equivalent experience caring for patients with
behavioral issues required.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft office.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis and emergency
situations is required.
- Must possess and demonstrate highly effective interpersonal,
customer service, and communication skills.
- Previous similar patient care experience is preferred.
- Education and experience equivalent to a minimum of one (1)
year of experience required.
- Efficiency in multitasking, and the ability to prioritize
- BLS Certification Required within 6 months of hire.
Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and COVID 19
and provide required vaccination documentation, unless approved for
an exemption or deferral by Southcoast prior to starting
employment.Southcoast Health is a community healthcare system with
multiple access points, offering an integrated continuum of health
services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. By
uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of
services and resources, we have become one of the largest and
fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts. Together We Are
- With more than 7,500 employees, Southcoast Health is the
largest employer in Southeastern Mass., and the 18th largest
employer in the Commonwealth, according to the Boston Business
- We strive for a culture of health and well-being that
recognizes, respects, and celebrates the rich diversity of one
another and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life
balance and add value to our employees' lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 24 hours.**Available to regular status employees who are
scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours. Are you ready to make a
difference in your community? Join us to be More than
medicine!Southcoast Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Southcoast Health, New Bedford , Telesitter Video Monitor Tech, Other , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!