Phlebotomist, Inpatient, Early Morning, 9 hours - East Sandwich
Company: Spaulding Rehabilitation
Location: East Sandwich
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Under close supervision of a qualified Medical Technologist,
assist with preparation of specimens and processing (e.g.
centrifugation) of routine tests including urinalysis, hematology,
and in some instances clinical chemistry.
* Blood specimens are collected by venipuncture on geriatric,
adults, children, and infants addressing their age specific needs
and per phlebotomy standards.
* Outstanding Phlebotomy draws are checked regularly and completed
to meet expected time frames.
* Technical duties are completed per laboratory guidelines,
including cleaning equipment, maintaining inventory, and assisting
with faxes and reports as needed.
* Assists in Clerical/Administrative duties e.g. answering calls,
making reports, etc. to meet department needs.
* Patient test specimens (LIS) are received and barcode labels are
generated and specimens are labeled per department standards.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* High School diploma required
* One year Clinical Internship/ on the job training in a clinical
or hospital laboratory required.
* One to two years phlebotomy experience preferred.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g.
computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Phlebotomy course training in a State approved institution
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Knowledge of LIS, computer, keyboard, MS Windows required.
* Certification in Phlebotomy is preferred.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working
with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
* Attention to detail.
Keywords: Spaulding Rehabilitation, New Bedford , Phlebotomist, Inpatient, Early Morning, 9 hours - East Sandwich, Other , East Sandwich, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!