Company: FUCHS Lubricants Co.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Welcome to the FUCHS Group, the world's number one independent
manufacturer of lubricants and related specialties. As a global
company with roots in Germany, we expand the possibilities of whole
industries, such as the automotive and aerospace sectors. More than
5,000 employees look closer, dig deeper and think further to create
innovations and develop markets. That is what drives and connects
us. We encourage our employees to expand their potential and grow
together with us. Explore your specialties by joining us as
Buyer Next possible start date - Fairhaven
Nye Lubricants Inc., a member of the FUCHS Group located in
Fairhaven, MA, is a leader in the innovation, formulation and
manufacturer of synthetic lubricants. Nye's lubricants add value to
products in a wide range of industries and applications.
The Buyer works closely with the Purchasing, Manufacturing,
Planning, Shipping and other stakeholders in the purchasing of
various direct and indirect production, operational and support
materials and services.
Other essential duties include:
* Responsible for raw material, packaging components and all
indirect materials & services
* Identify and provide R&D with new or alternative materials
for evaluation as they become available
* Develop RFQ's, negotiate and monitor pricing as applicable
* Generate and deploy blanket orders, material releases, and KANBAN
systems on a daily/weekly basis
* Reschedule & expedite materials as required
* Develop and maintain supplier relationships as applicable
* Disposition and archive closed PO's
* Publish daily Open Order Received Report and weekly Past Due Open
Order and Total Open Order Reports.
* Attend and participate in weekly Planning meetings
* Manage Three-Way-Match reconciliation with PO's, Receipts and
Qualifications we are looking for:
* B.S. in Supply Chain, Business, or other related field; or
* APICS Certification preferred
* 5 years of experience in operations and material management
* Demonstrated, increasing levels of responsibility
* Disciplined approach to problem-solving
* Excellent math and analytical skills
* Close attention to detail
* Strong organizational skills and ability to review and understand
the entire Nye order fulfillment process
These are your benefits:
FUCHS offers a challenging and rewarding working environment where
employees are encouraged to develop and grow as professionals. In
this role, you will have the opportunity to work on projects that
will expand your experience and challenge your abilities in the
global marketplace. The position also offers an excellent
compensation package and a comprehensive suite of benefits.
FUCHS Lubricants Co. is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)/AA
employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
Excel beyond your limitations and contribute your ideas in the flat
hierarchies of a family-run company listed on the MDAX. Please
apply online by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Explore your specialties. Expand your possibilities.
Nearest Major Market: New Bedford
Keywords: FUCHS Lubricants Co., New Bedford , Buyer, Other , Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!