(Part Time) Utility Clerk
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Location: North Dartmouth
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17
states. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our
Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for
their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
Responsible for performing general maintenance and cleaning duties
and maintaining high standards of safety and sanitation for members
and team members. Gathers and returns carts/flatbeds from the
parking lot to the club entrance to ensure ready access for club
* Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support
the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
* We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves
* Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind
to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as
* Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
* Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
* Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
* Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
* Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
* Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
* Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
* Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
* Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
* Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
* Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards
* Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
* All items stocked and promotional plans executed
* Maintain visible accurate signage
* Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
* Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department.
* See the connection between consistent execution and the positive
impact it can have on the business.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
* Provides members with prompt and courteous service and
assistance. Maintains high standards of safety and sanitation for
members and team members.
* Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the
club including the sales floor, offices, restrooms and the outdoor
grounds and parking lot.
* Gathers and returns carts and flatbeds from the parking lot to
the club entrance. Removes any trash or debris from the parking
lot, cart corrals, and exterior of the club.
* Ensures that carts are well-stocked at the club entrance.
* Verifies that all carts are in working order and clean. Removes
carts that are not suitable for use.
* Returns new and unused merchandise to the sales floor.
* Performs maintenance and cleaning duties including wet and dry
mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, carpet extracting, washing glass,
emptying trash receptacles and pulling pallets.
* Maintains outdoor grounds of club property including cart
corrals, sidewalks and outdoor trash receptacles.
* Prioritizes maintenance and cleaning responsibilities across the
club in an efficient manner.
* Operates the floor scrubber, trash compactor and cardboard baler
machines in a safe and efficient manner following established
* Restocks maintenance / cleaning supplies and ensures supply areas
on the receiving dock and maintenance closets are clean, neat and
* Performs minor and routine building repairs and notifies
management when major repairs may be required.
* Maintains all club policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
* Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
* Must successfully complete required training and certification
* Prior maintenance or janitorial experience preferred, but not
* Prior retail/wholesale experience preferred.
* May be less than 18 years of age to perform parking lot cart
functions. Must be over 18 to operate equipment and enter age
Environmental Job Conditions
* Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. May
frequently require bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching,
stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
* Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require
lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds
with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and push
* Frequent exposure to company authorized cleaning agents.
* Occasional exposure to paint and company authorized
* Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as
occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and
* Frequently works both indoors and outdoors with regular exposure
to outdoor weather conditions.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., New Bedford , (Part Time) Utility Clerk, Other , North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!