Metallizer Operator - 2nd & 3rd shift
Company: Morgan Advanced Materials, PLC
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in -advanced
materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and
composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where
our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable
differentiator, engineering high-specification materials,
components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging
technical problems. -The Technical Ceramics business of Morgan
Advanced Materials engineers high performance functional and
structural ceramic materials, components and sub-assemblies to
address customer-specific technical challenges.The business employs
advanced materials science and applications expertise to produce
parts that enhance reliability or improve the performance of its
customers' products. Much of what the global business unit makes is
used in demanding, harsh or critical environments. Our Technical
Ceramics business works in selected segments of the electronics,
energy, healthcare, industrial, petrochemicals, security and
transport markets, typically in close collaborative customer
relationships. -Group Key Figures: -Revenue -1b, -9,000 employees,
manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A
UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. - Listed
on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index. - -
-Essential Functions: -Metalizing
- Perform basic metalizing task, such as screen printing,
hand-painting, injecting, scribing, roller-coating, dabbing, dip &
- Applies various metallizing inks and/or liquid resists to parts
using hand-held paint brushes to a wide range of parts, with the
aid of a microscope at times.
- Precision coats within scribed lines.
- Mounts parts in chuck of power-drive spindle and operates same
to apply uniform coating with various inks.
- Makes small adjustments to ink viscosity.
- Operates electric centrifuge machine and adjusts RPM and time
cycle of same.
- Dries painted ceramic parts using portable electric dryers,
heat lamps and transite ovens and prepares parts for next
- Inspects painted and unpainted parts visually and mechanically
using microscopes, gauges, scales and micrometers.
- Works with Engineers to develop methods for prototype
- Must work in a clean room environment. Minimum Qualifications
and Education Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- This position requires access to technology, materials,
software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US.
Hired employees are required to provide proof that they are a U.S.
Person as defined by 22 CFR -120.15.
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified
Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in
Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR),
and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form
- Basic math skills.Individual must be a:
Citizen of the United States,
orPermanent resident alien of the United States, orProtected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) as defined by
22CFR120.15Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V
Keywords: Morgan Advanced Materials, PLC, New Bedford , Metallizer Operator - 2nd & 3rd shift, Other , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!