Unit Nurse Supervisor
Company: Mayflower Place Nursing and Rehabilitati
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Unit Nurse Supervisor -
Maplewood Senior Living, an
innovative, forward-thinking senior living provider, strives to
inspire our associates to learn, develop, and succeed. As we
continue to grow, we are seeking devoted and caring Certified
Nursing Assistants to become part of our family. Maplewood
Senior Living’s Maplewood at Mayflower Place Campus is Cape Cod’s
only full service continuing care retirement community. We offer
independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled
nursing & rehab.
Mayflower Place Nursing and
Rehabilitation Center, in West Yarmouth, MA, is hiring a Full-time
Unit Nurse Supervisor.
Maplewood offers a
comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including
medical, dental, vision, paid time-off, voluntary Aflac insurance,
a 401k plan and more!
or join us for open interviews every Thursday from 12pm to
Maplewood at Mayflower Nursing & Rehab Center, 579 Buck Island
Rd, West Yarmouth, MA
- Ensuring that the needs of new admissions are identified and
met in a timely manner by delegating tasks to ensure that initial
assessments, interim care plan, admission note is done, admission
orders obtained and transcribed - May delegate these tasks to self,
other nurses, oncoming shifts as appropriate.
- Ensuring that all residents receive care according to facility
- Evaluating residents care needs on a daily basis during daily
rounds and ensuring that all needs are met
- Investigating any resident incident/injuries
- Serving as resource to team leaders providing consultation,
assistance with emergencies, educating and assisting with
procedures as appropriate.
- Contacting M.D.s with updates re: resident conditions,
problems, obtaining and transcribing orders.
- Collaborating with team leader in addressing issues which arise
relative to staff performance—i.e.) disciplinary process.
- Conducting quality assurance reviews as per QA Plan (Med Pass,
IV, G-Tube reviews, resident care evaluations, unit tours.)
- Routinely reviewing weights, nutritional status, skin condition
of residents for purpose of early identification of problem(s) and
early intervention as well as other areas of care
- Ensuring timely and effective communication relative to
residents’ condition between M.D. and family by being available to
respond to family members’ questions/concerns and notifying family
of any significant change in resident’s condition.
- Facilitating staff growth and development by identifying
education needs of staff and timely deliverance of evaluations and
- Fostering a team approach and team spirit by conducting weekly
staff meetings and conducting resident-focused problem solving
discussions when appropriate.
- Ensuring that all items requiring formal documentation are
adequately addressed including but not necessarily limited to
resident incident/injury reports, staff injury reports, fire drill
reports, unusual incidents.
- Ensuring that any significant unusual events are reported to
Administrator and D.N.S. in a timely manner.
- Participating in revision and development of nursing policies
and procedures as a member of policy/procedure committee.
- Ensuring appropriate evaluation/treatment of injured staff
- Ensuring that documentation in resident records is accurate,
timely and complete
- Ensuring continuity of care on all shifts by communicating with
supervisors, team leaders on other shifts at change of shift.
- Ensuring that unit is a safe, sanitary environment
- Ensure that facility policies and procedures are uniformly
interpreted and enforced through ongoing participation in nursing
leadership meetings, policy/procedure meetings, ethics meeting and
others as scheduled.
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening
including background check, drug screening and reference
All candidates will be required to show valid
proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 before commencing work or
commit to obtaining full vaccination within 30 days of commencing
work, unless they receive an approved exemption from
Maplewood. Maplewood will require unvaccinated candidates to
obtain their first dose prior to commencing work and then obtaining
a second dose with in thirty days after the first dose. Those
who do not obtain full vaccination within that time frame, without
an approved exemption, will be terminated.
Licenses & Certifications
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Mayflower Place Nursing and Rehabilitati, New Bedford , Unit Nurse Supervisor, Other , Cataumet, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!