Company: Berkshire Healthcare
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The primary function of this position is to assist the Food
Service Director in planning, organizing, developing and directing
the comprehensive operation of the dietary department. This
position is responsible for training and supervising production and
- Prepares and portions various food items with the highest of
- Wraps, labels and dates prepared food items for storage.
- Receives, stores and rotates supplies as delivered.
- Prepares meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Checks food storage areas on a daily basis to ensure proper
- Responsible for general and assigned sanitation duties in the
kitchen and dining areas in conformance with sanitary, health and
- Demonstrates a courteous and responsible attitude toward staff,
resident and visit.
- Must be able to work effectively with other staff members to
produce a cohesive supportive work environment providing for smooth
functioning of the community.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English effectively and
communicate written and verbally.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with safety and
infection control policies and procedures.
- All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that
exhibits the BHCS mission, vision, and core values.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience with food preparation in a long-term care
- 2 years working in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- Serve safe and allergen training required.
Keywords: Berkshire Healthcare, New Bedford , Cook/Assistant Supervisor, Other , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!