Operations Mgmt - Operations Manager
Company: Chefs Warehouse
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Dairyland Produced- Allen Brothers LLC is a specialty food
distributor that began sourcing products focused on serving the
specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's
leading menu-driven independent restaurants, fine dining
establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools
and specialty food stores. We believe that we have a distinct
competitive advantage in serving these customers as a result of our
extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and
center-of-the-plate food products, our product knowledge and our
customer service. We serve the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers
and gourmet stores around the country.
Summary: The Operations Manager directs the efficient and
cost-effective operation of our distribution center(s) and
warehousing facilities. Manages inbound activities related to the
receipt and storage of goods, inventory management, and claims.
Oversees outbound activities related to order-filling, stock
replenishment, shipping. Responsible for budgeting, customer
service, facility, and equipment operation. Administers overall
inventory management, productivity, accuracy, and loss prevention
programs to ensure that customer requirements are met.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Director of
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in
support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better
management reporting, information flow and management, business
process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support
Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each
function as well as coordination and communication between support
and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an
initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems, and
- Organize to service each business division while maintaining
and improving overall operational and departmental
- Interface cross-functionally at all levels within the divisions
of the company, including communication with offshore/subsidiary
management, external resources, and concerns, such as freight
forwarders, third party providers and governmental agencies.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for issues of a moderate to
- Ensure proper compliance and adherence to all appropriate
health and safety regulations and cleanliness requirements are
followed both with regards for personal and inventory safety.
- Participates on divisional management teams and provides direct
support to the divisions.
- Directs the operations of the warehouse team and the
transportation team to achieve objectives.
- Effect necessary communication and motivation to staff.
Monitors individual performance via observation and review of
various productivity metrics. Counsels and disciplines, as
- Develop and maintain a productive work team via training and
- Consistently promote a strong corporate culture, quality, and
high-performance work teams.
- Promote continuous improvement including strategic reviews for
the warehouse and transportation related functions utilizing
quality process and participation in high performance and
self-directed work teams.
- Responsible for administrative functions such as budgeting,
equipment, and liaison to Customer Service.
- Develop and ensure that established policies, rules and
regulations and procedures are followed.
- Develop visible procedure and key performance indicators to
monitor quality and regular measurements to determine effectiveness
of procedures implemented.
- Meet or exceed established goals relative to on-time delivery
and shipping accuracy performance for customer shipments.
- Improve operational efficiencies to increase ability to process
customer orders using both systems and physical improvements.
- Meet with other department heads about sales, purchasing,
production and record control, so the warehouse and distribution
activities remain coordinated and running smoothly.
- Keep stock control systems up to date and planning future
- May oversee short duration projects relating to transportation,
logistics, export regulations, and related functions.
- Provides warehouse safety leadership and is responsible for
improved safety performance in the facility.
- Oversees warehousing and distribution activities to ensure
processes and procedures are understood and followed; oversees
warehouse and transportation compliance for inventory management,
cycle counting, product handling, and other services as
- Develops leadership team and provides daily oversight for all
operational requirements for warehouse operational staff and
- Drives costs savings with a focus on Visibility, Variability
- Provides proactive communications and solutions for
- Coordinates warehousing execution for divisional strategies;
develop specific warehousing requirements based on strategic plans
and customer expectations; designs the appropriate warehousing
solution that incorporates logistics best practices.
- Provides direction for systems improvements and changes to
- Disbursement of checks for agency expenses.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and
major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical
standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative
work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Persuasive with details and facts.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
Bachelors Degree in Business or related field. A minimum of 8
years of experience in the development of warehouse operating
processes and systems. A minimum of 5 years of experience in food
distribution. Experience working in a high growth business. A
minimum of 5 years previous supervisory experience required.
Advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be
able to operate common office machines. Bilingual in
English/Spanish a plus.
We an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on
the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion,
alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age,
disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual
orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is
dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring,
placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits,
employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Keywords: Chefs Warehouse, New Bedford , Operations Mgmt - Operations Manager, Other , Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!