Manager Planning & Procurement - Golf Gloves
Company: Acushnet Holdings Corp
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design,
development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven
golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered
brands in golf - Titleist, one of golf's leading performance
equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf's leading performance
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the
golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality
leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Manager of Planning and Procurement for Golf Gloves will
have overall responsibility for the operational planning required
to support the strategic objectives of the golf glove business,
both regionally and globally. Develop demand plan based on business
trends and demand patterns, inventory analysis, size and seasonal
profile analysis and all purchasing functions to support golf glove
procurement to meet sales and inventory plans. Manage global GPR to
all factories and collaborate with International
Procurement/Inventory Management teams to ensure timely and
accurate manufacturing plan. Lead, train and mentor Senior Product
- Manage all systems and data required to support glove
forecasting, procurement and availability reporting.
- Lead U.S. monthly forecast meetings and communicate forecast,
availability and inventory information to external and internal
- Direct U.S. inventory forecasting activities, including the
maintenance of appropriate spreadsheets and databases.
- Execute all finished goods procurement activities and ensure
the process is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyze inventory position and ensure we are taking appropriate
action to support 90% availability goals for all active SKU'S.
- Perform corrective actions to meet availability goals and
develop strategies for slow-moving inventory.
- Aggregate global market forecasts, review production capacity
plans and perform ex-US market analysis, as required.
- This will include but is not limited to; communication,
coordination and consolidation of purchase orders and/or forecasts
from all Ex-US markets.
- Create and maintain international direct source order forms and
update related pricing and SKUs, when required.
- Perform testing, analysis and troubleshooting to support AGS
system upgrades and new market roll-outs.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure quality, cost and
delivery expectations are being met.
- Facilitate operational and sourcing procedures with AFJ and
- Consolidate monthly inventory reports for ex-US markets.
- Direct strategies relative to inventory levels, product
costing, and forecasting to ensure global targets are
- Work with Product Manager to meet global costing and margin
goals, facilitate global product commercialization and the related
- Support department in other areas on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Operations or
Supply Chain required. MBA Preferred. APICS certification is
- 8 years of experience in procurement required with 3-5 years of
managing indirect categories.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and operation practices and
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Attention to detail, organization and problems solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the
- Excellent knowledge/experience with data analysis, Microsoft
Office and MRP/ERP software is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of the golf business is also a preference.
Keywords: Acushnet Holdings Corp, New Bedford , Manager Planning & Procurement - Golf Gloves, Other , Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!