Inspector, 1st & 2nd Shift
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Inspector, 1st & 2nd Shift in New Bedford, Massachusetts -
Careers at New Bedford, Massachusettes Skip navigation Our
Locations Contact Us Search
- Our Company
- What We Do
- Sustainability & Responsibility
- Invest In Us
- Work For Us
- News & Events Top -- Copyright of Morgan Advanced Materials and
its affiliates, 2020. All rights reserved. Morgan Advanced
Materials plc is registered in EnglandRegistered office at York
House, Sheet Street, Windsor, SL4 1DD UK. Company number: 286773.
- Website T&Cs
- Competition T&Cs Inspector, 1st & 2nd Shift in New Bedford,
Massachusetts - Careers at New Bedford, Massachusettes Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Inspector, 1st & 2nd Shift ID 2021-1147 Job
Locations US-MA-New Bedford Category Production Position Type Full
Time (Permanent) Overview Morgan Advanced Materials is a world
leader in advanced materials development and production. We produce
a wide range of specialist, high specification materials that have
extraordinary attributes and properties. Despite the complexity of
our technologies, our focus is simple - we supply innovative,
differentiated products made from advanced materials which enable
our customers' products to perform more efficiently, more reliably
and for longer The Technical Ceramics business of Morgan Advanced
Materials engineers high performance functional and structural
ceramic materials, components and sub-assemblies to address
customer-specific technical challenges. The business employs
advanced materials science and applications expertise to produce
parts that enhance reliability or improve the performance of its
customers' products. Much of what the global business unit makes is
used in demanding, harsh or critical environments. Our Technical
Ceramics business works in selected segments of the electronics,
energy, healthcare, industrial, petrochemicals, security and
transport markets, typically in close collaborative customer
relationships. Group Key Figures:--Revenue --1b, -9,000 employees,
manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A
UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on
London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
Responsibilities Job Purpose: The Inspector is a member of the
Quality Department reporting directly to the Quality
Supervisor/Engineer. Essential Functions:
- Perform documented rework processes as prescribed by work
instructions, methods or other approved documentation.
- Perform weld inspections using visual inspection procedures and
measurement tools. Successfully pass inspection testing for
- Verify previous operations have been completed; rectify before
- Perform various tasks as assigned by Department
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area.
- Maintain quality and quantity with strong sense of
accountability and standards.
- Perform mechanical and visual inspection of ceramics, metal
parts, final product and raw material using hand tools, reticles,
micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, dial indicators, cmm's,
vision systems and other standard gauging equipment as required to
ensure parts are free of defects as described in procedures, work
instructions and methods.
- Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time and
use reticle to perform measurements.
- Maintain traceability of final and purchased product at all
times by verifying previous operations and other supporting
documents such as lab results, MIR cards and C of Cs.
- Working knowledge of basic GD&T symbology, assimilation and
- Reads and interprets mechanical drawings, specifications,
procedures and inspection sheets as required to complete
- Verify measuring equipment is calibrated properly and alert
Supervisor or Manager if equipment validity is in question.
- Alert Supervisor if product reflects abnormal defects or
significant quality issues.
- Perform Syteline functions required of Inspectors.
- Identify test status, non-conforming material and accepted
material by using department procedures and work instructions.
- Complete paperwork such as data sheets, lab requests and NCMRs,
which may be electronic or hard copy
- Complete required read and record data sheets, first article
inspections or other documented inspections, as required.
- Able to interpret sample size from a standard AQL table
- Familiar with computers and basic Microsoft Applications.
- May perform other inspection and/or production functions as
required. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications and Education
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 years mechanical inspection experience using a wide variety
of equipment and tolerances to at least the 5 th decimal point
- CMI Certification or equivalent preferred
- This position requires access to technology, materials,
software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US.
Hired employees are required to provide proof that they are a U.S.
Person as defined by 22 CFR --120.15.
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified
Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in
Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR),
and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form
- Basic/intermediate math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer. Options
Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend
Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this
moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your
newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, New Bedford , Inspector, 1st & 2nd Shift, Other , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!