Posted on: February 23, 2021
Description:Position reports to a Biologist I, Biologist II,
Research Biologist or Management Designee. Position is expected to
perform a variety of routine tasks in support of the conduct of
normal laboratory operations. Further, individual is expected to
assist in coordinating testing requirements with supporting
departments (i.e, chemistry staff, Quality Assurance and
- Performs a variety of routine, laboratory-based
- Responsible for understanding and routinely performing Standard
Operating Procedures, study specific protocol procedures and other
laboratory assignments related to the testing that the individual
is routinely associated with.
- Incumbent is able to apply a collective set of SOPs in order to
assist in fully executing a study protocol.
- Often, duties include recording instrument and apparatus
readings, making observations of various biological effects in
exposures and compiling study data books.
- Incumbent will be introduced to mathematical and statistical
procedures used to reduce and analyze study data.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the labs, storage
and culture areas including maintenance and calibration of
equipment used in any of these settings.
- May require routine involvement in seawater and/or sediment
- Assignments are completed with minimal supervision. Assists
with organization, direction and training of technicians.
- Assists in coordinating internal requirements for testing (I.e
chemistry support, Quality Assurance, reporting).
- Employee is responsible for understanding and adhering to all
safety and Good Laboratory Practice regulations and company
policies.Additional Skills & Qualifications:1) B.S. degree in
biology or related field 2) six months of laboratory-based
experience or high school education plus at least three years of
laboratory experience3) Excellent communication and writing skills
About Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its
employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with
the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and
Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive
advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract
employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in
recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised
offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000
contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an
Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn
more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer
and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex,
age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, New Bedford , Assistant Biologist, Other , Wareham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!