Company: Atkore International
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: January 14, 2020
AFC Cable Systems - a part of Atkore International - currently has
an opening for an off shift Maintenance Mechanic at its New
Bedford, MA facility.
Maintenance Mechanic Job Duties:
* Ensures the safe operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors,
pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines;
following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists,
cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by
inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and
other measuring instruments.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by
using hand tools, levels, and straightedges.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking
stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment,
parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying
* Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies
as needed to accomplish job results.
* Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering
questions and requests.
* Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing,
and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
reviewing technical publications; establishing personal
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results using
AFC's Operating Principles: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Maintenance Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
* Must be able to work from 4pm to midnight or Midnight to 8am.
* Must have at least 1 to 2 years of Maintenance Mechanic
experience with heavy machinery and mechanical equipment.
* Experience in maintenance and/or repair of motors, pneumatic
tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
* Experience with troubleshooting equipment malfunctions.
* Must have basic mechanic tools on site.
* Must have technical understanding and knowledge.
* Some overtime is required to keep in line with needed
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in
addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical,
Dental, Vision 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital
or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its
employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity
and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work
environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Our dedicated employees are recognized around the world for their
commitment to our customers' success, combing product innovation,
collaborative service and providing the broadest line of products
into an offering that ensures they can operate as efficiently as
possible. Join our team and align yourself with an industry
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Atkore International, New Bedford , Maintenance Mechanic, Other , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!