Physical Therapist - PT
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Symbria is currently seeking a Full-time Physical Therapist (PT) to
add to our growing Rehabilitation Team to serve our clients at
Sacred Heart Homes in New Bedford, MA. As one of the few 100%
employee-owned companies in healthcare, our business practices are
guided strictly by the values to which our employee owners are
committed to. F or more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing
an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver
patient centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living
and post-acute settings.
- Review and evaluate physician's referral and patient's medical
record to determine Physical Therapy program required.
- Evaluate each patient's current level of functioning using
approved evaluation techniques, tests and observations, and prepare
written treatment programs based on evaluations.
- Administer a prescribed Physical Therapy program to restore and
maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range of
- Coordinate physical therapy services with Occupational Therapy,
Speech-Language Pathology and the Nursing department.
- Maintain appropriate documentation in the patient chart, and
re-evaluate patient progress and revise treatment programs when
- Communicate Physical Therapy philosophy and treatment
approaches and goals to patients, their families and other members
of the rehabilitation team.
- Supervise Symbria Rehab Physical Therapy Assistants, monitor
productivity and staffing needs within the community.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as
indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance
client care. Work Schedule
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion,
you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client
community, provided the other community is within a reasonable
- Graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapy and a
valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience
preferred, not required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task,
prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer
service.Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership
Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have
an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending
accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition
Reimbursement. EOE APPLPT
Keywords: Symbria, New Bedford , Physical Therapist - PT, Healthcare , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!