Company: Southcoast Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Work for One of the World's Best Health Systems!For Three
Consecutive Years, Newsweek named Southcoast Health among the
World's Best Hospitals (Charlton Memorial, St. Luke's, and Tobey).
In addition, since 2018, Southcoast Health has been voted by
readers as South Coast Media Group's Best Place to Work. Why?
Because we have some of the most talented people in the
world!$1,500 new hire sign-on bonus for this position. (rehires
termed more than 1 year also eligible)
- Hours: 40hrs
- Shift: Day shift; Monday-Friday; 7:00am and 5:30pm
- Location: Primary Care - Wareham, MA
We are searching for a Medical Assistant who, under direction of
the Office Manager, Clinical Coordinator or designee; and under the
Medical Assistant Group Supervisory Agreement, will perform a
variety of medical assisting duties both within and in support of
the assigned Medical Office(s) within Southcoast Physicians Group.
Under the supervision of primary care providers / nurses, and in
collaboration with clinic team members and patients and families
(as defined by patient), provide the highest quality of care and
treatment for all patients. Assist providers with patient care and
procedures. Facilitate efficient flow of patients through the
clinic or medical office. May be responsible for telephone
communication with patients including communication of test
results, surgery schedules, procedures and providing appropriate
counsel and follow-up under the direction of a designated
supervisor. Utilize an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and other
related software to update and/or access patient information, as
appropriate. Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
Responsibilities may include providing medical interpretation in a
language other than English for the practice office.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Equal to completion of four years of high school or equivalent
plus specialized courses and training.
- National third-party certification, such as AMCA, AAMA, AMT,
CCMA (NHA certification), or NCMA (NCCT certification) is required
within 13 months of hire
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program, or 2-3
years related medical office practice experience, is required.
- BLS certification is also required.
- Prior experience in using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
and/or health-related computer software is preferred.
- One (1) year of medical assistance work experience is
- Fluent in a language other than English and Medical
Interpreting is preferred.
- Other certifications, based on practice specialty may be
Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and COVID 19
and provide required vaccination documentation, unless approved for
an exemption or deferral by Southcoast prior to starting
employment.Southcoast Physicians Group (SPG) is a multi-specialty
integrated network of more than 450 providers in southeastern
Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We are focused on bringing together
high-quality providers to deliver exceptional health care
services.Southcoast Health is a community healthcare system with
multiple access points, offering an integrated continuum of health
services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. By
uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of
services and resources, we have become one of the largest and
fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts. Together We Are
- With more than 7,500 employees, Southcoast Health is the
largest employer in Southeastern Mass., and the 18th largest
employer in the Commonwealth, according to the Boston Business
- We strive for a culture of health and well-being that
recognizes, respects, and celebrates the rich diversity of one
another and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life
balance and add value to our employees' lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 24 hours.**Available to regular status employees who are
scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours. Are you ready to make a
difference in your community? Join us to be More than
medicine!Southcoast Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Southcoast Health, New Bedford , Medical Assistant-Cert-SPG, Healthcare , Wareham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!