Supervisor Lab Support
Company: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Purpose of Position
Supervises and coordinates functions and activities of specimen
processing and Faxon outpatient phlebotomy. Provides support
services to meet the needs of the lab and lab clients, performed in
accordance with accepted standards and practices. Works with Rapid
Response Supervisor and Laboratory Manager to schedule and
coordinate all lab staff activities.
- Consistently provides service excellence to all patients,
family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers.
- Challenges current working practices; identifies process
improvement opportunities and presents recommendations and
solutions to management. Engages and commits to the organization's
culture of continuous improvement by actively participating,
supporting, and promoting CCHC Pillars of Excellence.
- Prepares work schedules, assigns personnel, evaluates work
performance and makes recommendation for personnel actions
- Demonstrates skills and ability to maintain competency in all
areas of responsibility, to help during breaks, short-staffing,
excess workload and complex procedures.
- Demonstrates responsibility in utilization of financial
resources which includes capital equipment, expense budgets and
strives to operate within that budget. Orders supplies and
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring of new laboratory
- Demonstrates skills and abilities in employee relations.
- Conducts sectional meetings and submits minutes to the
- Reviews reference lab reports with appropriate follow-up and
documentation and maintains as required.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the union contract.
- Develop, implement and manage process improvement projects in
areas of responsibility, as well as evaluate data and make
- Oversees and participates in the laboratory quality assurance
program of the sections and ensures compliance with regulatory
- Makes recommendations for modification or changes for the
maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Keeps current with equipment and supplies by vendor contracts
to evaluate new products and equipment.
- Submits monthly variance reports on time
- Maintains confidentiality of information deemed
- Develops and maintains effective communication with assigned
staff, co-workers, physicians, other Hospital personnel, outside
organizations or others who provide or receive laboratory
- Maintains professional growth and development through approved
seminars workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast
of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of departmental and Hospital
policies and procedures as they pertain to the job
- Performs other work related duties and activities as assigned
- Trains/orients staff in all areas of pre and post-analytical
processes, procedures and related computer functions.
- Three years recent (within the last 5 years) Phlebotomy or
Specimen Processing experience required.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Science (A.S.) or equivalent
work experience, Bachelor of Science preferred.
- Three years of experience working in a clinical laboratory
- ASCP or NCA Certification preferred.
- Prior Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory
Keywords: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc., New Bedford , Supervisor Lab Support, Healthcare , Falmouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!