Patient Service Assistant (Nursing Assistant), Trainee
Company: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Purpose of Position
Performs as a member of the Nursing Team various duties assisting
Staff Nurses in the treatment and care of patients in accordance
wit established policies and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be courteous to patients, customers, clients, and other
employees of the organization.
- Identify and locate needed accessories to facilitate
- Answering call lights.
- Making beds both empty and occupied.
- Setting up all equipment routinely used on their home base
- Preparing room for admission.
- Assist with patient discharges
- Removal of linens.
- Answering telephone.
- Must wear facility provided identification badge.
- Consistently provides service excellence to all patients,
family member, visitors, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Facilitate communication to RNs to provide best care possible
- Performs other work-related duties and activities as assigned
or requested by his/her immediate supervisor. Additional PATIENT
SERVICE ASSISTANT PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transports patients via wheelchairs and stretchers.
- Vital signs, oxygen saturation, weights, and non-invasive
- Turning and positioning patients, range of motion, ambulation,
- Assistance with all ADL's and complete care as needed.
- Setting up, assisting and educating patients, with commodes,
bedpans, urinals, sitz baths, walkers, wheelchairs, slings,
venodyne boots, crutches, specific precautions- with input from PT
- Appropriate emptying and/or recording of all drainage
- Postmortem care.
- Ability to read, write and communication in English
- Possess a High school Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Obtain BLS Certification by the completion of the
- Upon completion of the PSA Registered Apprenticeship Program,
incumbent will transfer into the PSA Grade 5A position.
- The Patient Service Assistant Registered Apprenticeship
- Includes a classroom curriculum with an accredited Nursing
- Includes on-the-job training
- Must successfully complete Program within 6 months of hire into
Keywords: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc., New Bedford , Patient Service Assistant (Nursing Assistant), Trainee, Healthcare , Falmouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!