Pharmacy Tech II
Company: Southcoast Health
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Work for One of the World's Best Hospitals!For Three Consecutive
Years, Newsweek named Southcoast Health among the World's Best
Hospitals (Charlton Memorial, St. Luke's, and Tobey). In addition,
since 2018, Southcoast Health has been voted by readers as South
Coast Media Group's Best Place to Work. Why? Because we have some
of the most talented people in the world!
We are searching for a Pharmacy Technician II to perform
pharmacy-related functions under the direction of the Pharmacist in
compliance with department policies and procedures that provide
optimal pharmaceutical care. The Pharmacy Technician filling this
role will work mainly in the emergency room, working with patients
who will be admitted to the hospital in order to collect an
accurate home medication list. The technician will need to compare
this information to the existing information in our electronic
medical record and make any necessary changes. This is an important
role, as the home medication list is used to order medications for
the patient once they are admitted to the nursing unit. The
pharmacy technician will be working with physicians, nurses, and
patients in collaboration.Hours: 40hrsShift: Day/evening shift with
weekend and holiday rotation; variable, 8am-4:30p, 9am-5:30p,
10am-6:30p, 12p-8:30p, 1p-9:30p, 3p-11:30p, 3:30p-12aLocation: St.
Luke's Hospital - New Bedford, MAEducation and/or Experience
- High School graduate or the equivalent is required.
- Additional clinical course work or training is preferred.
- Massachusetts state registration as a Pharmacy Technician is
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certification is
required within 18 months of hire.
- One year of related work experience is required; three years is
- A valid driver's license is required.
Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and COVID 19
and provide required vaccination documentation, unless approved for
an exemption or deferral by Southcoast prior to starting
employment.Southcoast Health is a community based health delivery
system with multiple access points, offering an integrated
continuum of health services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts
and Rhode Island. For more than 100 years, we have provided
quality, patient-focused care in a state-of-the-art environment. By
uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of
services and resources, we have become one of the largest and
fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts.Together We Are
- 311 years of hospitals' collective continuous 920 + square
miles of service across Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode
- 7,500 + employees: physicians, nurses, IT, Finance, HR, and
- Named to Newsweek's World's Best Hospitals 2019 and Best Place
to Work by the readers of SouthCoastToday
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life
balance and add value to our employees' lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 24 hours.
**Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 20 hours.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community? Join us as we
strive to be More than medicine.
Keywords: Southcoast Health, New Bedford , Pharmacy Tech II, Healthcare , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!