Company: Southcoast Health System
Posted on: May 11, 2022
200 Mill Road
Day shift, weekend & holiday rotation
At Southcoast Visiting Nurse Association, Inc., we acknowledge that
our employees are what makes us great!
For Three Consecutive Years, Newsweek named Southcoast Health among
the World's Best Hospitals (Charlton Memorial, St. Luke's, and
Tobey). In addition, since 2018, Southcoast Health has been voted
by readers as South Coast Media Group's Best Place to Work. Why?
Because we have some of the most talented people in the world!
* Hours: 32hrs
* Shift: Day shift with weekend and holiday rotation;
* Location: Westport, MA; Dartmouth, New Bedford, Fairhaven and
* Travel: This is a home care position. Will require driving.
We are searching for a Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical to
perform a variety of duties within agency and department policies
and procedures, establish the standards of practice for the Staff
Nurse which are based upon the American Nurses' Association of
Standards of Home Health Nursing Practice. Assess and care for
patients with various health problems ranging in severity. Work in
cooperation with individual patients, caregivers and ancillary
staff. Advise regarding various modalities to meet patient wellness
and illness needs including medication, nutrition, exercise and
technical nursing treatments. Teach and support various positive
self-care activities including problem solving and treatment
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
* Graduate of a National League for Nursing accredited school is
* A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
* Minimum of one-year hospital medical/surgical or other relevant
nursing experience is required.
* Has knowledge and skills necessary to provide care that is
appropriate to the population of patients served.
* Proficient computer skills, including experience with various
software, database and electronic records programs is
* Homecare experience strongly preferred.
Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and COVID 19
and provide required vaccination documentation, unless approved for
an exemption or deferral by Southcoast prior to starting
Southcoast Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) has a long history of
serving people in our community by helping patients of all ages
recover or live well with illness or injury. We provide
compassionate and personalized care in comfort and privacy of the
home to more than 9,000 patients each year.
Southcoast Health is a community based health delivery system with
multiple access points, offering an integrated continuum of health
services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
For more than 100 years, we have provided quality, patient-focused
care in a state-of-the-art environment. By uniting a single purpose
and building an integrated system of services and resources, we
have become one of the largest and fastest-growing health systems
Together We Are More.
* 311 years of hospitals' collective continuous 920 + square miles
of service across Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island
* 7,500 + employees: physicians, nurses, IT, Finance, HR, and
* Named to Newsweek's World's Best Hospitals 2019 and Best Place to
Work by the readers of SouthCoastToday
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life
balance and add value to our employees' lives.
* Generous Earned Time Off Package
* Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
* Tuition Assistance
* Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance*
* Life & AD&D insurance*
* Flexible Spending Accounts*
* 403B Retirement Plan with match
* HealthQuest Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Development Opportunities
* Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 24 hours.
Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 20 hours.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community? Join us as we
strive to be More than medicine. Southcoast Health is an equal
Keywords: Southcoast Health System, New Bedford , RN-Medical Surgical-VNA, Healthcare , Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!