Behavioral Health Recovery Aide
Company: Northeast Healthcare Recruitment, Inc.
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Falmouth, Massachusetts.
This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
We are seeking a Recovery Aide to join our practice. The recovery
aide is responsible for assisting clients and families in the
behavioral health system to enhance their recovery and promote
wellness. This position requires the ability to relate and
communicate effectively with patients in a treatment setting.
Experience, training, or education in the field of addiction or
mental health is preferred. Responsibilities:
- Assist the admitting team in patient admissions including
checking in and storing valuables, assisting patients with
activities of daily living, obtaining urine drug samples if
necessary, and other related patient care functions.Maintain safety
of the unit, perform thorough bag/luggage searches upon patient
admissions, regularly scheduled bed checks to ensure patient
- Participate in recovery-oriented socialization via informal
interactions with patients, circulating in the program to monitor
patient activity, and ensuring adherence to the program's residency
- In residential programs, oversee patient medication
self-administration including tracking refills, documenting
medication schedules (dosages and times) in medication log, and
coordinating self-administration program with other shifts and
- Document observations, activities, and participation in
appropriate records including the patient record, shift logs, and
in the preparation of incident reports.
- Participate in required educational and in-service training
programs including CPR and First Aid, Overdose Prevention,
Trauma-Informed Care, CPI, and De-escalation. Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience, training and/or education in the field of addiction
or mental health. Ability to cover multiple shifts, including
- One-Three years of customer service experience
- CPR certificate or CPR certifiable
Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs,
biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: Northeast Healthcare Recruitment, Inc., New Bedford , Behavioral Health Recovery Aide, Healthcare , Falmouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!