Company: Health eCareers
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: January 13, 2021
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED
THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION
TELEWORK MAY BE APPROVED AT MANAGEMENT DISCRETION
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary
Paid Time Off:Annual leave at the rate of eight (8) hours per
biweekly pay period; Sick leave at the rate of four (4) hours per
biweekly pay period; 10 paid Federal holidays per year.
Retirement:Traditional federal pension (5 years' vesting) and
federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
Insurance:Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care
(many federal insurance programs can be carried into
Incentives:Possible signing bonus, relocation assistance, and
student loan repayment up to $120K for eligible debt.
Licensure:1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or
CME:Possible $1,000 per year stipend + possible 1 week paid
authorized absence to attend.
Malpractice:Free liability protection with tail coverage
Contract:No Physician Employment Contract and no significant
restriction on moonlighting.
Take a look at VA'sTop 20 Reasons Doctors Enjoy Working at VAandVHA
PLEASE NOTE:Qualified clinical trainees, residents, fellows,
interns, etc. are encouraged to apply; please follow the
instructions in the How to Apply section.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity from a
National Physician Recruitment Consultant, forward your CV and
contact information Show Contact Details --.
This position is a permanent, full-time, position located in the
Mental Health Service Line at the Community Based Outpatient Clinic
in New Bedford, Massachussets. Major duties and responsibilities
will primarily be performed in an inpatient setting with possible
outpatient duties depending on workload, to include:
* Provides direct psychiatric patient care commensurate with the
standards for clinical or academic staff position.
* Provides care for patients with substance abuse disorders
including assessment, diagnosis, and providing psychosocial and
pharmacological treatment (e.g. methadone and buprenorphine).
* Provides oversight regarding medical and psychiatric assessment
and psychopharmacologic management of all patients in the Mental
Health clinics and programs at the Medical Center.
* Conducts examinations, determines diagnoses, demonstrates
therapeutic ability and effectiveness in emergencies, manages
patients, and thoroughly documents patient records.
* Maintains a clinical or academic faculty appointment with Brown
University Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior.
* Serves on various committees.
* Positively represents the medical center's Mental Health and
Behavioral Sciences Service.
* Participates in on-call responsibilities in rotation with the
other staff psychiatrists.
* Develops and delivers educational programs and clinical learning
opportunities in the Mental Health Service for psychiatry
residents, allied health trainees, and medical students.
Preferred experience working on outpatient Mental Health,
outpatient planning and case management.
Work Schedule:The Providence VA Healthcare System is an acute care
facility operating 24 hours a day 7 days a week. While most tours
of duty are scheduled during the day, the possibility of working
evenings, nights and weekends does exist. Shift changes will be
considered based on patient and facility needs.
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
This Announcement will remain open until filled and may be used to
fill multiple vacancies. This vacancy will be reviewed every two
weeks, and applicants will be referred to the hiring manager as
they are received. This announcement may be closed prior to close
date if a selection has been made.
Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is
not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA
* Applicants tentatively selected are subject to urinalysis to
screen for illegal drug use prior and will not be appointed if a
verified positive drug test result is received. Applicants who
refuse to be tested will be denied employment.
* Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
* You may be required to serve a probationary period
* Subject to a background/security investigation
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English
* Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
Applicants pending the completion of educational or
certification/licensure requirements may be referred and
tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements
The individual must qualify to perform duties as a physician, have
completed an accredited residency and/or possess experience which
has qualified the individual to perform general duties and some
specialized functions and procedures without supervision. Staff
physicians may also include attendings who train physician
residents assigned in facilities with residency training programs,
and consultants who are capable of giving authoritative views and
opinions on subjects in their field of medicine.
* United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
* Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree
resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic
medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the
schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year
in which the course of study was completed.
* License: Current, full and unrestricted license to practice
medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the
United States, or in the District of Columbia.
* Residency: Completion of residency training, or its equivalent,
approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
* Language: Proficiency in spoken and written English.
* Board Certification: Physicians are generally not required to be
board certified for employment in VA; however, three circumstances
in VA require physician board certification:
* (1) If the position being filled is required to be a supervisor
for medical students or physician residents (including fellows),
the LCME, ACGME or AOA standards requiring a particular board
certification credential will apply.
* (2) If the position being filled will have faculty status with an
affiliated medical school (for example, in joint recruitments with
affiliated medical schools), then a medical school requirement for
board certification will apply to the jointly recruited
* (3) If the position being filled is required to be board
certified by virtue of specific VHA policy (for example, as
director of a cardiac catheterization laboratory or Director of
Clinical Laboratory Medicine), then VHA policy requiring board
certification will apply.]
* Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Preferred Experience:Experience working on outpatient Mental
Health, outpatient planning and case management.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II,
Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in
the local Human Resources Office.Contact Information Show Contact
Keywords: Health eCareers, New Bedford , Physician (Psychiatrist), Healthcare , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!