General Manager- Store
Company: Global Partners LP
Posted on: September 23, 2022
We are looking to add a General Manager (GM) to lead our family.
Our GM is responsible for the management of the ongoing day to day
operations of the store, while adhering to Company policies and
procedures; direct supervision of staff; maximizing store profits
and ensuring a high level of customer service and store
We know you have many choices when choosing where to work. And what
you really want to know before applying is, "What differentiates us
from the rest?"
For over 75 years Global Partners has been delivering the energy,
products and services that make life better with its nearly 1600
locations! This longevity and success begins and ends with people.
We create career paths and provide development programs for all
roles in the organization. We've also successfully developed
community integrated convenience stores where we are transforming
the guest experience and rethinking what it means to lead as the
adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and
frankly we don't plan on stopping. We're looking for people to
contribute to our company's direction. Global Partners is a great
opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a
longstanding company motivated by what's next.
With our recent game changers such as PaybyCar Contactless Payment
and Renewable Diesel Fuel, we are looking to continue responsible
and innovative growth. No matter which area of the business you
support or which brand you decide to advance within our food
service concepts, Alltown Fresh, Ramuntos, D'Angelos, Subway, Aroma
Joes, or even our convenience brands, XtraMart, Honey Farms, Fast
Freddies, Mr Mikes, Alltown, Jiffy Mart, Gulf, Honey Dew, Mobil
Mart, Verc, Convenience Plus Brands, we know your contributions
will be extremely valued and rewarded.
The Types of "Energy" You Bring
- You are comfortable working in both an individual and team
- You have superior relationship building skills and can
establish a connection with guests and associates.
- You lead by example and demonstrate the importance of a guest
- You are detailed oriented and have excellent organizational
- You display the ability to direct others and prioritize
- You are a proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make
- You analyze trends and apply a system thinking approach to
- You handle multiple projects simultaneously and
"Gauges" of Responsibility
- Maximize store profitability through managing all controllable
expenses, optimizing all revenue streams, and leading and
developing a high performing team.
- Responsible for guest and associate satisfaction, exceeding
brand standards and managing the stores profitability.
- Select, develop and effectively lead a highly engaged
- Cultivate a positive shopping experience for all guests.
Respond to guest complaints or inquiries. Solicit guest feedback,
input, and information from various sources. Review information and
create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all
- Responsible for staffing the store appropriately to cover the
guest and business demands of a 24/7 business. Proactively identify
hiring needs across the store.
- Allocate resources, delegate work, and effectively manage time
through efficient scheduling and usage of labor hours.
- Conduct all aspects of management training. Overseeing and
monitor the training of all associates to ensure proficiency of
skills and job safety is taught.
- Create and sustain an inclusive store atmosphere by taking
intentional steps to understand the diversity of the store team and
encourage mutual understanding and respect while promoting a
productive, engaged team environment.
- Value store associates through celebration and
- Support the development of associates and store management team
through appropriate talent management processes (e.g., performance
management, development plans, career conversations, development
- Provide overall direction and support for team and monitor and
assess individual work in accordance with high standards of
excellence. Provide feedback, coaching, support opportunities for
development, complete performance appraisals, take corrective
action when appropriate, and participate in hiring decisions.
- Ensure conditions across the store meet or exceed standards for
safety, service, and overall operational efficiency by analyzing
opportunities and ensuring execution of established policies,
procedures, practices and programs.
- Adhere to work designs and implement improvement actions across
the store. Manage all safety programs and ensure proper execution
- Report and document all guest and associate incidences in the
appropriate time frame. Ensure compliance to all federal and local
laws and to all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for leading change initiatives, championing
programs and educating associates on the reason and need for
change. Ensure programs are executed according to design,
integrated and sustained.
- Accountable to meet or exceed key performance metric
targets/projections; deliver budgeted merchandise gross profit by
executing the merchandise plan.
- Maintain awareness of store-level and organizational financial
performance trends to help achieve store profitability.
- Manage financial plans for the store by reviewing and
interpreting financial reports and take appropriate action as
required to achieve goals. Ensure execution of all plans.
- Analyze income statement and utilize reports to ensure store's
profitability. Manage inventory to maximize sales, control costs
and reduce waste; proactively recognize trends across the store.
Manage cash management procedures.
- Analyze results and trends from audits (internal and external)
and take the appropriate action to resolve/address issues.
- Build relationships with community partners to connect the
store with its community.
"Fuel"for You -
- Coins! We offer competitive salaries and opportunities for
growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who
create trainings for growth and job development.
- Health + Wellness - Medical, Dental, Visions and Life
Insurance. Along with additional wellness support.
- The Road Ahead - We offer 401k and a match component!
- Professional Development - We provide tuition reimbursement;
this benefit is offered after 6 months of service.
The GPS of our Interview Process
- First thing first, if you're interested in the role, please
- The hiring manager will review your resume. If your experience
would lend to this opportunity a recruiter or manager will contact
- We conduct either in person or "in person" zoom interviews and
provide additional interview information needed at that time.
- Must be available to work flexible hours that may include day,
nights, weekends and or holidays.
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced retail, food service or
fuel environment preferred.
- Experience selecting, training, and managing staff.
- Experience with labor allocation, sales building, scheduling,
and managing expenses.
- Experience coaching and developing team members through proper
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors
repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling,
reaching: horizontally, above the shoulder and below the waist,
grasping firmly, pushing buttons, bending, crouching, kneeling,
squatting, and stooping.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Research shows that many, especially women and marginalized people,
are hesitant to apply for job if they don't check every box. If you
are excited about this position, and think you could have an impact
here, please apply anyway, even if you don't meet every point on
the job description. We'd love to hear from you.
Global is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a
highly qualified, diverse and dedicated work force and maintains a
zero-tolerance policy with respect to discrimination in its
workplace. We consider applications for all positions without
regard to age, ancestry, race, gender, color, religion or creed,
marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status as a
victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking,
prior record of arrest or conviction, unemployment status or any
other classification or status protected by applicable state, local
or federal law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation
to apply, please contact our recruiting department at
Keywords: Global Partners LP, New Bedford , General Manager- Store, Executive , Mashpee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!