Company: Forgen LLC
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Thanks for visiting our Career Page. Please review our open
positions and apply to the positions that match your
qualifications.Location: Position may be open to work from one of
several of Forgen office locations. -
Employee Type: Exempt, Full-time
Manages Others: Yes
Reports to: Senior Vice President or his designeeTravel: May
require travel up to 50-75% Summary of FunctionsManage remediation
and geotechnical projects and programs; maintain and enhance Forgen
business relationships. Support business development with new
clients. Represent Company management in negotiations with employee
organizations. Assist the estimating and proposal development team.
Manage each project assigned according to Forgen's corporate
philosophy of safe, quality production while securing the most
favorable economic outcome for Forgen. The Project Director will
internalize and enforce Company policy and procedures. This role
will have an emphasis on our Heavy Civil business sector of work.
Position may require 50-75% travel. -Essential Duties and
- Embrace Forgen's Core Values in all aspects of the job.
- Lead, Manage and be Accountable (LMA) for their direct
- Perform the roles and responsibilities for Project Director as
listed on the Accountability Chart.
- Responsible for driving a safety culture which promotes
Incident and Injury Free Performance. -
- Provide primary client contact to assess scope of work and
resources required to successfully complete the project.
- Manage the estimate for selected project with detailed review
and evaluation of all contract documents. Prepare proposals,
technical writing, drawings, schedules, presentations, and
interviews as needed during a proposal process.
- Work closely with site management employees during total
construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance
with design, budget, and schedule. Manage interaction with all
client representatives, engineers, stakeholders, public relations,
vendors, and subcontractors.
- Work closely with site management employees to plan, coordinate
and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material
control, and may provide day-to-day direction to administrative
staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Supervise site management employees and subcontractors.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings,
recommending construction methods and equipment, etc. as required.
Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change
- Assume full responsibility for all aspects of project success
and failure to include: productivity of employees, efficient use of
materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the
- Perform additional assignments as directed.Experience/Education
- BS, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent
preferred but not mandatory.
- Past experience in a construction environment which demands
outstanding safety performance.
- Primavera, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Strategic Partnering/Interpersonal Savvy and Integrity.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong credible relationships
with leaders and leverage these relationships to lead change and
influence culture. Anticipates conflict and plans accordingly,
persists in spite of resistance. Relates well and models core
values at all levels, both inside and outside of the Company.
Diffuse tension through effective communication. Persuasively
promotes and sells thoughtfully developed ideas.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to drive on behalf of
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training, preferred but not mandatory.
- 8-Hour OSHA Refresher, preferred but not mandatory.
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety Training, preferred but not
- Company will provide additional training, as necessary.Physical
DemandsAbility to communicate orally with vendors, management, and
other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is
important. Regular use of the telephone and email for communication
is essential.Sitting for extended period is common. Hearing, vision
and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal
conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or
inspect documents.No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to
10 pounds of force occasionally may be required. Good manual
dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers,
calculator, copiers and FAX machines.Good reasoning ability and
decision making is necessary. Able to understand and utilize
management reports, memos and other documents to conduct
Primarily an office position. At times field project visits are
required. Travel to offices and projects in various locations
around the country as needed. The following physical activities or
abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with field
- Be able to stand or walk on a project site for extended
- When on project sites or if performing some types of work
activity wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
including, but not limited to, earplugs, protective eyewear,
gloves, hard hat, steel toed work boots, and high visibility safety
apparel. -The job is primarily performed indoors in a traditional
office setting and occasionally outdoors at construction sites.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are
commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this
position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Job site environment, including, but not limited to, machines,
tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
-The above job description is meant to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required for the position. Employees will be required to
follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other
job-related duties requested by their supervisor. All job
requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may
exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to
the health and safety of themselves or other employees. -It is the
policy of Forgen to fill every position without regard to race,
color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability,
mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin,
ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. Forgen is an
equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful
discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and
co-workers. We've received your resume. Click here to update it.
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB)
orPaste resume Are you legally authorized to work in the United
States?* Do you have a valid Driver's license?* How did you hear
about this position? If referral, please list person who referred
you?* Do you have the minimum 5+ years' experience working in a
position similar to the one you are applying for?* What is your pay
expectation for this position? I consent to be contacted over
SMS/Text for this job.
Keywords: Forgen LLC, New Bedford , Project Director, Executive , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!