Company: Forgen LLC
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Location: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Position may be open
to work from one of several of Forgen office locations. -Employee
Type: - - - - - - - - - - - Exempt, Full-timeManages Others: - - -
- - - - - - - YesReports to: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Senior
Vice President or his designeeTravel: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - -May require travel up to 50-75% -Summary of FunctionsManage
remediation and geotechnical projects and programs; maintain and
enhance Forgen business relationships. -Support business
development with new clients. Represent Company management in
negotiations with employee organizations. Assist the estimating and
proposal development team. -Manage each project assigned according
to Forgen's corporate philosophy of safe, quality production while
securing the most favorable economic outcome for Forgen. The
Project Director will internalize and enforce Company policy and
procedures. -This role will have an emphasis on our Heavy Civil
business sector of work. Position may require 50-75% travel.
-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Embrace Forgen's Core Values in all aspects of the job.
- Lead, Manage and be Accountable (LMA) for their direct
- Perform the roles and responsibilities for Project Director as
listed on the Accountability Chart.
- Responsible for driving a safety culture which promotes
Incident and Injury Free Performance. -
- Provide primary client contact to assess scope of work and
resources required to successfully complete the project.
- Manage the estimate for selected project with detailed review
and evaluation of all contract documents. -Prepare proposals,
technical writing, drawings, schedules, presentations, and
interviews as needed during a proposal process.
- Work closely with site management employees during total
construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance
with design, budget, and schedule. -Manage interaction with all
client representatives, engineers, stakeholders, public relations,
vendors, and subcontractors.
- Work closely with site management employees to plan, coordinate
and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material
control, and may provide day-to-day direction to administrative
staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Supervise site management employees and subcontractors.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings,
recommending construction methods and equipment, etc. as required.
-Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change
- Assume full responsibility for all aspects of project success
and failure to include: - productivity of employees, efficient use
of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the
- Perform additional assignments as directed.Experience/Education
- BS, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent
preferred but not mandatory.
- Past experience in a construction environment which demands
outstanding safety performance.
- Primavera, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Strategic Partnering/Interpersonal Savvy and Integrity.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong credible relationships
with leaders and leverage these relationships to lead change and
influence culture. Anticipates conflict and plans accordingly,
persists in spite of resistance. Relates well and models core
values at all levels, both inside and outside of the Company.
Diffuse tension through effective communication. Persuasively
promotes and sells thoughtfully developed ideas.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to drive on behalf of
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training, preferred but not mandatory.
- 8-Hour OSHA Refresher, preferred but not mandatory.
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety Training, preferred but not
- Company will provide additional training, as necessary.Physical
DemandsAbility to communicate orally with vendors, management, and
other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is
important. Regular use of the telephone and email for communication
is essential.Sitting for extended period is common. Hearing, vision
and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal
conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or
inspect documents.No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to
10 pounds of force occasionally may be required. -Good manual
dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers,
calculator, copiers and FAX machines.Good reasoning ability and
decision making is necessary. Able to understand and utilize
management reports, memos and other documents to conduct
business.Primarily an office position. At times field project
visits are required. Travel to offices and projects in various
locations around the country as needed. The following physical
activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated
with field project visits. -
- Be able to stand or walk on a project site for extended
- When on project sites or if performing some types of work
activity wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
including, but not limited to, earplugs, protective eyewear,
gloves, hard hat, steel toed work boots, and high visibility safety
apparel. -Work EnvironmentThe job is primarily performed indoors in
a traditional office setting and occasionally outdoors at
construction sites. -The following environmental/atmospheric
working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with
the performance of this position. The actual working conditions
- Job site environment, including, but not limited to, machines,
tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Uneven ground. -The above job description is meant to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by
their supervisor. All job requirements are subject to possible
modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. -Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a
direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of
themselves or other employees. -It is the policy of Forgen to fill
every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex,
marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical
condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made
unlawful by applicable law. -Forgen is an equal opportunity
employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any
employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers. -
Keywords: Forgen LLC, New Bedford , Project Director, Executive , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!