Deli/Seafood- Assistant Manager
Company: Roche Bros. Supermarkets
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:To assist the deli/seafood manager to effectively plan,
organize, lead, coordinate, and optimize the materials and human
resources in the department to provide variety and high quality
merchandise appealing display to maximize the sales and profit of
the deli/seafood department while maintaining great customer
service. To learn all aspects of managing a deli/seafood department
and to function as the department manager is his/her
- Must be 18 years of age with High School diploma or
- Successful experience in the deli/seafood operation (i.e.,
merchandising, ordering, inventorying, and pricing).
- Be knowledgeable and familiar with the nature and duties of
every position in the deli/seafood department including procedures,
policies and operations.
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited
- Must be Servsafe certified.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English,
with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a scheduled based on the business needs of the
- Authorized to work within the U.S.Responsibilities:The list of
essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as
necessary by the company.
- Provide an open door atmosphere conducive to high associate
morale and excellent customer service. Achieve the highest
associate morale in the industry by managing in a style that is
Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Commit to the "Golden Rule" and work with other associates to
build a strong deli/seafood team.
- Promote the company image as a service-oriented operation where
every associate will greet, assist, render efficient service and
thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and business-like
- Ensure the department achieves the standards of performance as
outlined in the work plan.
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to conduct
and facilitate department meetings.
- Ensure all new department associates receive proper review and
training of job descriptions, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment in administering
discipline to promote high associate morale.
- Responsible for assisting the department manager with
inventory, security, and expense control of the department.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, and
thus compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to our
industry (i.e., scheduling/labor laws, dress code, sanitation
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the
needs of the community.
- Order, receive, unload and store deliveries; store, price,
date, rotate, and stock product and prepare product for display and
- Keep all deli/seafood products rotated in accordance with
company policy and product code dates and always make use of the
oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Effectively control proper storage limiting shrink and damaged
- Achieve and maintain department's merchandising goals and
standards in cooperation with store manager and department
merchandisers and buyers (such as gross profit, presentation,
- Assist the department manager with planning work schedules and
breaks; achieve payroll consistently by scheduling within
- Ensure all wage and hour policies and regulations are adhered
- Maintain accurate records. Respond timely to all location mail,
reports, and records.
- Offer product samples, answer product questions, and offer
assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Prepare special orders that are requested by customers (i.e.,
party platters, meat cuts, etc.).
- Helping minimizing all department expenses without compromising
department conditions or customer service level (i.e., payroll,
supplies, insurance cost).
- Delegate and use initiative, ingenuity, and good judgment to
act on opportunities and solve problems.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product
quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Practice the "Cleaner's Creed" and ensure company standards of
safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, and
productivity are achieved.
- Ensure sales and work area are swept clean, orderly, and free
from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Be sure to clean department equipment and tools, clean walls,
fans, and drains in deli/seafood coolers.Secondary Job Functions:
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and
to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Verify price checks for customers as needed.
- Ensure all product labels, signs and prices are aligned with
- Ensure department associates adhere to company dress code
standard (i.e. name tags, personal hygiene, etc.)
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Other duties assigned by management.Physical Demands: (per work
day):The physical demands and safety risk factors of the job listed
below may occur during each work shift and are listed according to
their frequency.Physical DemandsFrequencyCrawling.0% (N)
NeverSitting, pushing and pulling up to 250 lbs, climbing up to 8
feet, kneeling, and crouching.1-33% (O) OccasionallyCarrying and
lifting up to 50 lbs, bending, balancing, stooping, and reaching at
waist or overhead.34-66% (F) FrequentlyStanding and walking on a
title or concrete floor, handling, fingering, feeling, talking,
seeing, hearing, and smelling.67-100% (C) ContinuouslySafety Risk
FactorsFrequencyLoud noise, cluttered floor surface, contact with
skin irritant, toxic exposure (see material safety data sheet),
nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays, and hazardous cleaning
solutions.1-33% (O) OccasionallyTwisting of back and neck, slippery
floor surface, and contact with sharp objects.34-66% (F)
FrequentlyHazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts).67-100% (C)
ContinuouslyMachines, tools, and equipment utilized:Slicer, case
cutter, knives, kitchen utensils, electronic scales, shrink film
wrapper, steamer, pressure washer, pricing gun, trash compactor,
pallet jack, power jack, sink, cooler, freezer, approved cleaning
supplies.Repetitive Action:Continuous movement of entire
body.Working Conditions: Working environment is inside and possibly
within cold temperatures that may be wet/humid.
Keywords: Roche Bros. Supermarkets, New Bedford , Deli/Seafood- Assistant Manager, Executive , Mashpee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!