Assistant Community Manager - PT - 20 Hours
Company: The Community Builders Inc
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Assistant Community Manager About The Community Builders, Inc.
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods
across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of
America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our
mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of
all incomes can achieve their full potential. Position Description:
Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Assistant
Community Manager is responsible for leasing, compliance,
maximizing rental income and customer service. This job involves
heavy emphasis on operations administration and meeting compliance
objectives, resident retention and providing a quality living
experience for the residents. Certification in COS and LIHTC
strongly preferred. Essential Functions:
- Assists with daily site operations, keeping open communication
with the Community Manager, Resident Specialist, Community Life and
Service Maintenance staff regarding issues.
- Monitors, directs and tracks performance of leasing, retention
and re-certifications to meet a 97% physical occupancy goal.
Anticipates vacancies and is proactive in attracting new
- Prepares re-certifications, leasing applications,
verifications, occupancy agreements and reports.
- Screens applicants to ensure compliance with Tenant Selection
Plan, and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps informed of market conditions and update competitive
market analysis quarterly.
- Enters and codes invoices, posts rents, makes deposits and
maintains accurate resident ledgers.
- Monitors rent balances, collects rents, and sends out late or
quit notices as required.
- Participates in all aspects of managing a property, include:
business goals, budgeting, risk management, physical assets,
maintenance, compliance, reporting, and personnel management.
- Oversees office functions, including office hours, filing,
computer systems, reports, etc.
- Inspects property, picks up litter, and reports issues to
Service Maintenance Manager.
- Handles resident issues and concerns, partnering with Community
Manager as needed.
- Inspects market ready units for acceptance to lease and for
resident move in.
- Assists n recruitment, training, supervision and motivation of
team members and participates in the preparation of the annual
reviews and performance management process.
- Performs other duties are required. Education & Experience:
- College degree or 3+ years in a progressive career path in
Residential Property Management, Hotel, Hospitality or Retail
- 2+ years of experience in Property Management, Hotel,
Hospitality or Retail required.
- Industry designations (COS, LIHTC, ARM--, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs, polices and Federal
Housing Laws and Guidelines required.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi or other
industry software experience required.
- Proven Excellent Customer Service skills required. The
Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its
workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: The Community Builders Inc, New Bedford , Assistant Community Manager - PT - 20 Hours, Executive , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!