Entry Level Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Tailored Brands
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Onsite - 689 Belleville Avenue, New Bedford, MA. 02745
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Industrial Engineer position will offer the most qualified
candidate an exciting opportunity to be a key player in a
fast-paced environment of men's tailored clothing manufacturing. In
this highly visible position you will accomplish wide-ranging
assignments; apply fundamental industrial engineering principles to
create practical solutions to company challenges, maintain the
piece work incentive system by continuously identifying
opportunities to streamline the work flow and gain efficiencies,
provide technical support to integrate functionality within the
departments to maximize the use of our resources and increase
efficiency. You will always maintain a professional work ethic,
accomplish tasks accurately in a manner which reflects the
company's hallmark commitment to quality. As a valued contributing
team member, you will benefit from the overall success of a company
that is "Tailored to Win!"
The primary responsibilities of the Industrial Engineer will
consist of, but are not limited to the following:
* Applies principles of industrial engineering and critical
thinking to evaluate work methods, proposals and to develop
recommendations to management affecting work methods, wage rates,
and budget decisions.
* Recommends revision of methods of operation or material handling,
suggestions in equipment layout, or other changes to increase
production or improve standards.
* Directs/conducts observation and analysis of personnel and work
procedures to determine time-and-motion requirements of job
* Observes workers performing tasks to determine time involved
using GSD (General Sewing Data), fatigue rate, stop watch,
motion-picture camera, electrical recorder, and similar equipment
throughout the manufacturing shop floor - cutting, sewing, steam
pressing and distribution.
* Develops work measurement procedures and directs time-and-motion
studies to promote efficient and economical utilization of
personnel and facilities
* Applies interpersonal skills to perform rate sales with union
* Assist all other departments in the search of new opportunities
to improve and meet department's requirements more efficiently.
* Analyze work study data and equipment specifications to establish
time, production standards and applies mathematical analysis to
determine validity and reliability of sampling and work study
* Familiarity and understanding with statistics, ability to analyze
data, interpret results and write technical reports.
* Bachelor Degree in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering or
related field, and/or some experience in Industrial engineering
* The candidate must have an interest in how to make systems more
* Must possess an outgoing, creative, positive personality who
enjoys working with people as assignments often require interaction
with shop-floor employees, union representatives, supervisors, and
* Must have the ability to use critical thinking.
* Significant traits include; sensibility, accuracy, flexibility
and logical objectivity.
* Strong written and communication skills.
* Strong math and problem solving skills.
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment and keep a
professional conduct at all times.
* Must maintain and protect employee's confidentiality.
* Bilingual (English/ Spanish or English/ Portuguese).
* Industrial sewing experience is an advantage.
* GSD Certified (General Sewing Data), is an advantage.
* The engineer is required to spend at least 80% of the shift
performing duties in the ambient manufacturing environment (no air
conditioning). Time or production studies, for example, can last
from 30 minutes to 2 hours or longer. Normally the engineer is
standing and writing while performing these duties in the shop
floor. Long periods of time walking may be required overseeing
projects in the production floor. The engineer is required to spend
the balance of the shift sitting in an office working at a personal
Keywords: Tailored Brands, New Bedford , Entry Level Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!