Senior Industrial Engineer
Company: Project Assistants
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Perm PlacementOnsite Required 70% of timeLocation: New Bedford,
The Senior Industrial Engineer-Distribution is responsible for
analyzing distribution operations and identifying enhancements in
systems, equipment, processes, and facilities that will enable
client to deliver industry leading customer service while achieving
continuous improvements in teamwork, efficiency, and safety. This
role will coordinate and lead both internal and external resources
in executing projects designed to strengthen client's distribution
- Support strategic planning and analysis through forecasting,
capacity modeling and network modeling. Working with external
resources; assist distribution leadership in selecting and
acquiring warehouse space in target labor market areas. Support
facility lease negotiations.
- Provide project management for strategic operational excellence
improvement opportunities, lead concept development, engineering
design, and collaboration with 3rd parties on
system/equipment/facilities build, unit testing, integration
testing, project management, implementation, and post "go-live"
hyper-care periods as part of handoff to operations.
- Support designing new facilities and facility retrofits. Work
with internal and external resources in developing business case
proposals including cost estimates and projected payback associated
- Support selection, configuration, and implementation of
Warehouse Management, Warehouse Control, and Transportation
Management Systems (WMS/WCS/TMS). In conjunction with DC operations
team and IS resources, provide data, process documentation, and
testing support necessary to insure systems solutions deliver
customer service requirements for order quality, accuracy, and
timeliness. Validate that proposed system solutions, processes, and
equipment work seamlessly in executing distribution tasks of
receiving, put-away, replenishment, picking, packing, returns,
kitting, and shipping.
- Support the implementation of material handling systems that
enable capacity and productivity improvements. Support the
engineering needs for Distribution by being the subject matter
expert for all material handling equipment currently used or that
has the potential to be used within the distribution center.
Provide support for installed vendor systems and equipment to
minimize downtime and maintenance expense.
- Support development and implementation of engineered labor
standards for distribution center functions and ensure reporting
mechanisms to measure actual performance to standard. Provide
training and support operations on the proper use of engineering
labor standards for costing, staffing, and performance
- Support continuous improvement initiatives. Utilizing process
mapping techniques, document and evaluate current and proposed
procedures. Maintain prioritized listing of enhancements for
documented processes and estimated cost/level of effort to
implement and return on any necessary capital/expense investment.
Provide documentation support for development of DC ops training
- Develop reports and tools using BI applications to inform
operational decisions, track distribution performance KPIs, and
automate repetitive work. Maintain and update dataset on global DC
operations and performance.Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science (Master's degree preferred) in Industrial
Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Supply Chain Management.
- 5-7 years' experience as an Industrial Engineer supporting
Distribution Center operations
- Significant Project management experience implementing
greenfield facility, facility retrofit, warehouse management
system, conveyor system, warehouse control system, goods to person
- Ideal candidate will have recent experience at implementing
medium to large scale goods to person (Autostore, shuttle system)
- Role will support projects globally. Domestic and international
travel required up to 25% of the time depending on project
- Project work may require weekend and extended days in order to
meet project deadlines.
- Ability to observe operations and physically navigate typical
Distribution Center internal and external environment including
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills.
Ability to work in a matrixed/team environment with little
- AutoCAD skills required. Advanced Excel, Visio, PowerPoint,
database management tools (Qlik, Cognos preferred)
- Experience with data mining software (SQL/Python) is preferred.
Certification in MOST engineering standards strongly
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) required,
Manhattan Associates WMS experience preferred Six Sigma/LEAN
certification would be an advantage
Keywords: Project Assistants, New Bedford , Senior Industrial Engineer, Engineering , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!