Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Process Engineer in New Bedford, Massachusetts - Careers at New
Bedford, Massachusettes Skip navigation Our Locations Contact Us
- Our Company
- What We Do
- Sustainability & Responsibility
- Invest In Us
- Work For Us
- News & Events Top -- Copyright of Morgan Advanced Materials and
its affiliates, 2020. All rights reserved. Morgan Advanced
Materials plc is registered in EnglandRegistered office at York
House, Sheet Street, Windsor, SL4 1DD UK. Company number: 286773.
- Website T&Cs
- Competition T&Cs Process Engineer in New Bedford,
Massachusetts - Careers at New Bedford, Massachusettes Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Process Engineer ID 2021-1266 Job Locations
US-MA-New Bedford Category Engineering Position Type Full Time
(Permanent) Overview Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in
--advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon
and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets
where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable
differentiator, engineering high-specification materials,
components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging
technical problems. The Technical Ceramics business of Morgan
Advanced Materials engineers high performance functional and
structural ceramic materials, components and sub-assemblies to
address customer-specific technical challenges. The business
employs advanced materials science and applications expertise to
produce parts that enhance reliability or improve the performance
of its customers' products. Much of what the global business unit
makes is used in demanding, harsh or critical environments. Our
Technical Ceramics business works in selected segments of the
electronics, energy, healthcare, industrial, petrochemicals,
security and transport markets, typically in close collaborative
customer relationships. Group Key Figures:--Revenue --1b, -9,000
employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+
countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire
UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
Responsibilities Job Purpose:
The Process Engineer role is a position reporting directly to the
Process Engineering Manager, with responsibility to develop,
implement, and manage the manufacturing processes, methods, and
equipment designed to ensure continuous production of advanced
ceramic and composite materials that meet or exceed our customers'
expectations. Essential Functions:
- Develops and implements safe, optimal, cost-effective
manufacturing processes, methods, and equipment platforms.
- Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing
processes, including production work flow, raw material
specifications, mixing, molding, and high temperature baking
processes, and equipment specifications.
- Designs and implements improvements to manufacturing processes,
methods, and controls.
- Designs, develops, tests, and/or outsources various processes,
machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing
- Develops manufacturing Drawings, Bills of Materials, Routers,
Work Instructions, and Control Plans using manufacturing
engineering best practices.
- Provide support in new product development & testing, APQP,
PPAP, product and process validation, product audits, drawing & BOM
conformance, and projects related to standard work & reduction in
- Supports the conversion of small-scale processes into
commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products,
processes, and equipment.
- Prepares quotations for labor, tooling, and equipment to
support the business unit requirements.
- Performs product/process analysis and implements continuous
improvement initiatives for cost reduction, scrap reduction, yield
improvements and increased overall equipment efficiency.
- Conducts PFMEAs on manufacturing processes, methods, equipment,
- Represents process engineering on cross-functional teams.
Communicate with engineering, quality and supply chain team to
assist in MRB, RMA, material disposition, root-cause analysis, and
in preparation and follow-up of corrective action reports.
- Participates in concurrent engineering design reviews.
- Writes and submits Capital Expenditure requests.
- Evaluates and t roubleshoots manufacturing, quality and
assembly line issues using failure mode effect analysis (FMEA) and
other problem solving methods, perform process capacity and
- Assists in training all shop floor associates on manufacturing
processes and methods.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety and environmental issues
associated with the manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Develop and maintain policies & procedures to implement
preventive maintenance plan for assembly line machines and test
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with
all local, state, and federal EHS regulations and with Morgan New
Bedford, MA EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include but not limited to
participation in required EHS training and use of proper PPE.
Employees are responsible for reporting hazardous conditions and
job-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Material Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Prior experience working with manufacturing processes that
utilize raw material handling, mixing, molding, and high
temperature baking equipment (mixers, presses, ovens, etc.) is
- Basic understanding of quality management systems in an ISO
9001/AS 9100 is required.
- Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures is
- Materials experience - specific to ceramics.
- This position requires access to technology, materials,
software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US.
Hired employees are required to provide proof that they are a U.S.
Person as defined by 22 CFR --120.15.
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified
Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in
Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR),
and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Additional Requirements:
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with high performance teams.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to clearly present ideas and reports in written
and verbal format.
- Must be able to work well with subordinates, peers and
superiors in all departments of the Company.
- Must be able to work well with external contacts of the
- Must have good time management, planning and negotiation
skills. Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be capable of sitting and using a computer for extended
periods of time throughout the workday
- Must be capable of occasional travel.
- Must have the ability to maneuver the shop floor, administer
postings, and general administration throughout the facility.
- Required to talk or hear.
- Required to pass eye tests.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands &
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. Morgan Advanced Materials
is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes,
or airborne particles, and toxic caustic chemicals. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate. This job description
does not state or imply that all duties to be performed are
specifically identified above. Employees are required to follow any
other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested or instructed by an authorized person of the
Company. This document does not create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship. Options
Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend
Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this
moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your
newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, New Bedford , Process Engineer, Engineering , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!