Patient Access Education Coordinator
Company: Southcoast Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Work for One of the World's Best Hospitals!For Three Consecutive
Years, Newsweek named Southcoast Health among the World's Best
Hospitals (Charlton Memorial, St. Luke's, and Tobey). In addition,
since 2018, Southcoast Health has been voted by readers as South
Coast Media Group's Best Place to Work. Why? Because we have some
of the most talented people in the world!We are searching for a
Patient Access Education Coordinator to perform diversified
educational duties both within and in support of all Patient Access
Services; Registration, Scheduling and Insurance Authorization.
Perform analysis of workflows, conduct assessments of training
needs for both SPG and SHG areas. Develop training materials to
meet the educational needs. Develop and implement training programs
and competencies to be utilized in the online training tool,
Learnmore. Perform in person and on-line education to all staff
within the Southcoast System that perform patient access duties.
Monitor completion of training curriculums and competencies.
Perform quality assurance audits of new hires and provide feedback
to managers on progress and outcome. Develop and maintain
statistical data, communicate trends to designated areas upon
direction by leadership. Oversees leadership responsibility for two
staff members. Provides direct supervision of two Patient Access
Educators. Including payroll completion.
- Hours: 40hrs
- Shift: Day shift; 8:00am-4:30pm; Flexible to meet training
- Location: Southcoast Business Center - Fairhaven, MA; The
ability to drive to different locations to conduct trainings
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Education or other related field is
- Position responsibilities require analytical and
- Proficiency of the Internet, Intranet, Power Point, Visio,
Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- A working knowledge of EPIC is preferred.
- Ability and experience executing in person classroom
- Prior experience in developing curriculum, conducting training
and monitoring outcomes to determine success.
- Ability to develop audit tools and monitor staff
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to speak and present in front of large
- Two (2) years previous experience in a health care field as
well as teaching/training experience is preferred.
- Epic ADT/Grand Central/Prelude subject matter expert is
Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and the COVID
19 virus and provide required vaccination documentation unless
approved for an exemption or deferral by Southcoast prior to
starting employment.Southcoast Health is a community healthcare
system with multiple access points, offering an integrated
continuum of health services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts
and Rhode Island. By uniting a single purpose and building an
integrated system of services and resources, we have become one of
the largest and fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts.
Together We Are More.
- With more than 7,500 employees, Southcoast Health is the
largest employer in Southeastern Mass., and the 18th largest
employer in the Commonwealth, according to the Boston Business
- We strive for a culture of health and well-being that
recognizes, respects, and celebrates the rich diversity of one
another and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life
balance and add value to our employees' lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a
minimum of 24 hours.**Available to regular status employees who are
scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours. Are you ready to make a
difference in your community? Join us to be More than
Medicine!Southcoast Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Southcoast Health, New Bedford , Patient Access Education Coordinator, Education / Teaching , Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!