Patient Accounts/Billing Representative, 40 hours - East Sandwich
Company: Spaulding Hospital Cape Cod(SRN and SCC)
Location: East Sandwich
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Summary and Responsibilities
Follow up on assigned patient accounts and assist the supervisor
and other personnel with all inpatient/outpatient billing issues,
inquiries, and related functions. Work on special projects as
assigned. Duties may include performing job-related functions at
any facility or program operated by SCC.
- Accounts rejected for billing are reviewed and corrected and
appropriate departments are notified in accordance with department
policy to ensure claims are submitted clean and within established
- Claims are reviewed and mailed or electronically submitted on a
- Messages, late or omitted charges, contractual adjustments and
corrected errors of billed charges are posted per department
- Aged receivables are addressed by contacting payers and
resolving problems to ensure payment of claim meet established
- Late charges are applied and insurance companies are re-billed
for charges according to departmental procedures.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
- High School Diploma required. Experience
- Minimum of five years of prior billing experience preferred.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g.
computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software.Preferred
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills,
working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies
for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
- Attention to detail.
Spaulding Rehabilitation Network (SRN) is committed to diversity in
the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all.
SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment
opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race,
religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran
status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent
with any applicable ordinance or law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation in coming to or participating in the interview
process, please let us know.
Keywords: Spaulding Hospital Cape Cod(SRN and SCC), New Bedford , Patient Accounts/Billing Representative, 40 hours - East Sandwich, Accounting, Auditing , East Sandwich, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!