Associate Vice President of Administration & Facilities - INTERNAL
Company: Bristol Community College
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Associate Vice President of Administration & Facilities -
INTERNAL Category: Internal Department: Administration and Finance
Locations: Fall River, MA Posted: Jan 4, 2021 Closes: Jan 14, 2021
- 11:59 PM EST Type: Full Time Internal Position--ID: 127276 Share
About Bristol Community College:
Join the Bristol community for work and life!-- Bristol Community
College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow!
Bristol is one of the largest employers--in
the--South--Coast--region--and is dedicated to fostering an
inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures,
languages, abilities, and lifestyles.--Committed to enriching its
educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol
actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and
achieve our vision--to change the world by changing lives, learner
by learner.--Our employees work collaboratively across the college
to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in
helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative
solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving
Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse
student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and
gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you! As a
Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted
employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package,
including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement,
flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and
holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the
Commonwealth's public higher education institutions are available
for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions.
Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid
time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all
non-student employees). More information can be found on
our--Benefits website .--
POSITION TITLE:--Associate Vice President of Administration &
Facilities - INTERNAL DEPARTMENT: Administration & Finance REPORTS
TO:--Vice President of Administration & Finance STATEMENT OF
DUTIES:--The Associate Vice President of Administration &
Facilities (AVP) is responsible for, but may not be limited to, the
oversight of facilities operations, buildings & grounds care,
capital projects, college events scheduling, college business
services, and auxiliary services. The AVP is a key leader providing
the college with a well-designed, clean, safe, reliably functioning
physical learning and working environment which efficiently
utilizes scarce energy resources. The AVP maintains effective
communication and working relationships with other areas of the
college with regard to use, care and maintenance of college
facilities. The AVP serves as a senior member within the
Administration & Finance area, supporting the college's equity
agenda in all matters. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND
- Serve as a key member of the Administrative & Finance
- Provide leadership for capital projects and the maintenance,
repair and renovation of college buildings, grounds and public
- Oversee Event Scheduling and the coordination of its services
with custodial, trades and other departments impacted by events on
- Provide guidance for the college's strategic plan for
facilities and grounds.
- Direct and manage the maintenance and repair of buildings,
building operations, structures, landscaped grounds, snow and ice
removal, roads, walkways, custodial and other campus structures and
capital property in compliance with all local, state and federal
laws and regulations, environmental and safety procedures, and the
college's policies and procedures.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance and non-scheduled work
order management system; respond to emergency maintenance
- Responsible for procurement of utilities; direct the operation
of building utilities such as heating, power and light,
refrigeration, water and waste disposal.
- Provide leadership for sustainability and accessibility
- Responsible for development and management of the Facilities
department budget; including but not limited to monitoring funds,
tracking expenditures and financial reporting.
- Responsible for procurement of building construction and
repairs, capital projects and public works in compliance with
- Hire, supervise, develop, and lead assigned staff. Conduct
regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous improvement
and identify potential opportunities for growth. Work closely with
Human Resources to develop staff capabilities and
- Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports
the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to
- Administer union and non-unit labor agreements.
- Award and manage renovation, maintenance or service work
performed by contract; approve payment of invoices.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws,
licensing, codes and permits.--
- Institute policies and procedures for the Facilities area;
ensure workplace safety compliance for the entire campus
- Plan and direct facilities and services support for all major
college public occasions, such as but not limited to Commencement
and other on-campus event sponsored by outside entities.
- Oversee college's transportation fleet.
- Focus on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related
best practices throughout all job functions.--
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture,
construction management, business, or closely related field.--
- Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in all
aspects of the administration, operation and maintenance of land,
buildings and equipment on a college campus or similar
- Minimum of seven (7) years of supervisory and managerial
experience, including management through intermediate
- Proven leadership, management and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of the functions of all building
mechanical/electrical/technology systems and any relationship that
exists between them.
- Demonstrated familiarity with building construction, materials
and methods, engineering practices, architectural standards, and
blueprints for effective communication with contractors, clients
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, along with
strong problem-solving skills and ability to keep to a project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications
(Word, Excel, Outlook) and facilities maintenance management
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets with varying
- Demonstrated knowledge of Right to Know, Material Safety Data
Sheets (MSDS) compliance, ADA, OSHA, and federal and state
- Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from
meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as
- Valid driver's license required.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body,
faculty, and staff. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a Master's degree in engineering, architecture,
construction management, business management or closely related
- Applicable professional certifications or licenses, such as but
not limited to OSHA, LEED, architectural license, engineering
license or public purchasing certification.
- Demonstrated experience in higher education; preferably in a
public higher education environment.
- Supervisory experience in a collective bargaining
- Experience with event scheduling software.--
- Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access,
equity and student success practices.
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:--The employee must meet the
physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of the job. POSITION STATUS:--This
is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits. SALARY:--Hiring
salary $120,000 - $130,000, commensurate with education and
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the
"Apply" button. The position will be open to applicants for 10
calendar days from the posting date. REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE
APPLICATION PROCESS: 1) A completed Bristol Community College
Employment Application. 3) A cover letter that demonstrates how
your skills and experience meet the desired and required
qualifications of the position (not limited in length). All
candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United
States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not
sponsor work authorization. A pre-employment criminal background
check will be conducted for all positions. The college will
independently verify education credentials as provided on the
application. For certain positions that require a college degree,
the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire.
Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred. Bristol
Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer . We value diversity and equity, and are committed to
creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and
harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion
among our community members is imperative to the success of our
mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our
values.-- MISSION-- Bristol Community College provides an
accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares
students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
VISION-- Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education,
learner by learner. ABOUT BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE Bristol
Community College is a public community college accredited by the
New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Bristol has
core values rooted in student success and lifelong learning. For
more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for
education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a
rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along
with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a
career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to
baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol's
Economic & Business Development area provides business solutions
for organizations of all sizes and offers customized courses for
individuals seeking educational and career pathways, including high
school equivalency and English language proficiency programs. The
college also strives to put the needs of learners first with
support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to
student success by reducing barriers to educational access. Bristol
Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts
with locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton.
Each location has something unique to offer from great restaurants
in the city center of Attleboro, museums and arts in downtown New
Bedford, the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton, to
the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus. From
city life to seaside, our locations are in close proximity to
bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally
located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod,
Newport, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and Block Island.
Keywords: Bristol Community College, New Bedford , Associate Vice President of Administration & Facilities - INTERNAL, Accounting, Auditing , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!