Executive Director of Development
Company: Bristol Community College
Location: New Bedford
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Join the Bristol community for work and life!--
Bristol--Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work,
learn, and grow!--Bristol--is one of the largest employers--in
the--South--Coast--region--and is dedicated to fostering an
inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures,
languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its
educational experience through a supportive
community,--Bristol--actively encourages candidates of all
backgrounds to apply and--achieve our--vision--of--advancing a
vibrant, diverse community through education, learner
by--learner.--Our employees work collaboratively across the college
to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in
helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative
solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always
evolving--Bristol--community. If you share a passion--for--helping
a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive,
and gratifying work environment,--Bristol--is the
employer--for--you! As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts
employer,--Bristol--offers benefitted employees a comprehensive
compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life,
long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time
off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver
discounts--for--Bristol--and the Commonwealth's public higher
education institutions are available--for--benefitted positions and
certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are
eligible--for--a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well
as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More
information can be found on--our--Benefits website. --
POSITIONS SUPERVISED:--Executive Director of Development
DEPARTMENT:--Development Office REPORTS TO: President of Bristol
Community College POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Development Office
employees, which may include student workers and volunteers.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:--The Executive Director of Development serves
as a member of the college's senior leadership team and leads the
development program for the college, providing, among other items,
strategic direction, implementation, evaluation and continuous
improvement of annual giving, major gift giving, capitol campaigns,
employee giving and foundation events. In concert with the
President, the Executive Director establishes effective
relationships with donors, the business community, Foundation board
members, alumni, college leaders, community members, faculty,
staff, and students to benefit students, alumni, and the college.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Leadership
- Develop, implement and evaluate fundraising and development
plans and corresponding goals that reflect the college's mission
and strategic priorities.
- Cultivate donors and increase giving to the college.
- Inspire college Foundation board members, trustees, college
employees, volunteers and department staff to be ambassadors for
- Cultivate collaborative, strategic relationships with community
businesses and organizations.
- Oversee alumni relations.
- Model high levels of ethics and integrity to all college
- Focus on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related
best practices throughout all job functions.--
- Plan and implement short and long-term resource development
strategies and tactics to accomplish organizational goals and
diversify the base of support and levels of giving for annual
giving, major gift giving, capital campaigns, employee giving and
- Work with the college's leadership team to define strategic
initiatives. Based on those initiatives, develop materials,
proposals and campaigns that create awareness and provide
compelling cases to support the college.
- Make donor calls, secure philanthropic commitments, and ensure
that mechanisms are in place for donors to receive appropriate
recognition and an understanding of the impact of their gifts.
- Plan, execute, and/or support Foundation events such as, but
not limited to, the annual Gala, Swing for Education Golf
Tournament, Scholarship Luncheon, Manhattan Short Film Festival,
Bristol Paragon Awards Ceremony and Donor Appreciation Day.
- Manage the development process, including identification,
cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Provide training, support, and leadership to volunteers and the
Foundation Board of Directors to meet annual and long-term
- Develop and implement the annual plan for departmental
operations; strategically allocate resources to ensure department
work is as effective as possible.
- Develop the Foundation's annual operating budget; carefully
monitor expenses and cash flow.
- Maintain a portfolio of prospective donors and manage the donor
- Develop communications for the department, including the
department's website, in collaboration with Marketing &
- Hire, supervise, develop, and lead all Development Office
staff. Conduct regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous
improvement and identify potential opportunities for growth. Work
closely with Human Resources to develop staff capabilities and
- Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports
the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to
- Work closely with all the Foundation Board Directors; manage
board committee work and board meeting agendas.
- Work with donors to create donation agreements based on donor's
intent and administer Foundation funds in the form of scholarships,
awards and Foundation grants.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the development program.
- Review and oversee financial oversight of office and received
donations, in conjunction with the Administration & Finance.
- Review and analyze the Foundation's financial position by
working with the Foundation's financial advisors to systematically
monitor investment performance.
- Create process improvements and document procedures to ensure
compliance and consistency.
- Use Bristol's digital communication tools, to include but not
limited to; Bristol email, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other Bristol
social media tools, to advance the college's social media outreach
and brand to internal and external constituents. Perform other
duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of five years of successful senior leadership and
demonstrated record of achievement in fundraising, strategic
programming and relationship-building including, but not limited
to: capital campaigns, annual giving, planned giving, major gifts,
employee giving and foundation events.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious resource
- Track record of identifying and targeting donor
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret financial statements
and knowledge of tax laws that relate to planned and charitable
- Demonstrated passion and energy for fundraising and advancement
and dedication to building a strong philanthropic culture within
- Ability to coordinate plans and activities across the college
community to ensure institution-wide teamwork; balance competing
priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, and social media communication
- Demonstrated ethical standards, as required by the State Ethics
- Demonstrated managerial experience with direct reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology, such as but not
limited to, Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with virtual and social media tools to
fundraise and increase the digital footprint of an organization's
brand; including but not limited to, Twitter, Instagram, and
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body,
faculty, staff and community constituents.
- Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from
meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as
required.-- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree or higher preferred.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials.
- Successful fundraising and institutional advancement in a
higher education environment.
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge, Fundriver, Quickbooks and
- Demonstrated history of cultivating and soliciting a portfolio
of donors; including proven ability to solicit and close gifts of a
- Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access,
equity and student success practices.
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:--The employee must meet the
physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of the job. POSITION STATUS:--This
is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits. SALARY:--Hiring
salary $125,000 - $140,000, commensurate with education and
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the
"Apply" button. The position will be open to applicants for 30
calendar days from the posting date.-- REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE
APPLICATION PROCESS: 1) A completed Bristol Community College
Employment Application. 3) A cover letter that demonstrates how
your skills and experience meet the desired and required
qualifications of the position (not limited in length). All
candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United
States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not
sponsor work authorization. A pre-employment criminal background
check will be conducted for all positions. The college will
independently verify education credentials as provided on the
application. For certain positions that require a college degree,
the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire.
Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred. Bristol
Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer . We value diversity and equity, and are committed to
creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and
harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion
among our community members is imperative to the success of our
mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our
values.-- MISSION:--Bristol Community College provides an
accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares
students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
VISION: Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education,
learner by learner. ABOUT BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE:--
Bristol--Community College is a public community college accredited
by the New England Commission of Higher Education
(NECHE).--Bristol--has core values rooted in student success and
lifelong learning.--For--more than 50 years,--Bristol--has served
as a leading resource--for--education and economic development in
the region.--Bristol--offers a rich variety of degree, certificate,
and training programs along with flexible online offerings that
lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the
ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state
and country.--Bristol's Economic & Business Development area
provides business solutions--for--organizations of all sizes and
offers customized courses--for--individuals seeking educational and
career pathways, including high school equivalency and English
language proficiency programs. The college also strives to put the
needs of learners first with support services and career
advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing
barriers to educational access. Bristol--Community College is
nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts with locations in
Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton. Each location has
something unique to offer from great restaurants in the city center
of Attleboro, museums and arts in downtown New Bedford, the array
of shopping and dining options in Taunton, to the beautiful
suburban landscape at the Fall River campus. From city life to
seaside, our locations are in close proximity to bustling metro
areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the
spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket,
Martha's Vineyard, and Block Island.
Keywords: Bristol Community College, New Bedford , Executive Director of Development, Accounting, Auditing , New Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!